The all-new Yamaha FZ 25 has been launched in India at a price of Rs 1,19,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Foraying into the highly competitive 250 cc performance motorcycle segment, Yamaha takes the FZ brand forward with the newly launched FZ 25. Yamaha has undercut competition by a signficant margin with the pricing. The FZ 25 makes 20.6 bhp of power and 20 Nm of torque.
The Yamaha FZ 25 is powered by the new air-cooled 249 cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine which pumps out 20.6 bhp of power and 20 Nm. The equipment list consists of an all-digital instrument cluster, dual disc brake up front and LED headlamps along with AHO (Automatic headlamp on). Sadly, ABS has been given a miss completely. The kerb weight stands at 148 kg while the bike is underpinned by a diamond type frame. The FZ 25 shares some parts such as the footpegs, number plate holder and so on with other models in the Yamaha line-up. Here are some of the key features you would like to have a look at:
- The FZ25 comes with a 250cc motor that makes 20.6 bhp and 20 Nm of peak torque. It is said to offer good low-end torque.
- The bike is light and agile thanks to a wet weight of just 148kg. This coupled with its bold styling and smart features should make it a capable street fighter bike.
- The fuel injected engine is claimed to return a mileage of 43 kmpl, which is quite impressive compared to rivals.
- The bike comes with 14-litre fuel tank
- The front wheel gets a 282mm disc while the rear gets 220mm disc
- The bike is priced at Rs. 1.19 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Deliveries for the bike will begin from 1st February 2017