UM Motorcycles India recently introduced its first electric cruiser motorcycle for India, the UM Renegade Thor, at the Auto Expo 2018. Apart from being India's first electric motorcycle, the Renegade Thor is also the world's first geared electric cruiser bike, which has made its global debut in India. UM will be offering the Renegade Thor in India at a starting price of ₹ 4.9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) and the bikes is expected to officially go on sale in the country by the end of 2018 or early 2019. While we told you a lot about the motorcycles during the Auto Expo 2018, both for Day 1 and Day 2, and here's everything else you need to know about the new UM Renegade Thor.
Here's All We Know About the 2018 UM Renegade Thor:
- The new UM Renegade Thor employs the classic American cruiser styling with a low slung stance and lots of chrome elements, a large headlamps assembly, and wide handlebars. There also a beefy pseudo fuel tank that also comes with some chrome elements and LED indicators.
- The new Renegade Thor comes with an electric asynchronous three-phase induction motor that is powered by Li-Po (lithium polymer) high power battery, which comes with a built-in board charger and fast charging.
- UM Motorcycles will offer the bike with three different power options for the battery - a low-range 7.5 kWh unit that offers a range of up to 81 km, a mid-range 15 kWh battery with a range of up to 149 km, and a top-spec 27 kWh battery with a range of up to 270 km.
- The electric motor will be capable of generating a maximum power output of 30 kW (40 bhp) and develops a peak torque of 70 Nm. Renegade Thor comes with top speed 180 kmph.
- Being a geared electric motorcycle, the Renegade Thor is equipped with a 5-speed gearbox along with a hydraulic clutch and a liquid-cooled motor with a controller, which send power to the rear wheel via a belt. For added convenience, UM also offers a reverse gear.
- Suspension: The bike comes with a beefy 41 mm telescopic suspension up front and twin adjustable shock absorbers at the rear.
- Wheels and Tyres: To suit it cruiser stance, UM has equipped the Renegade Thor with 17-inch wheels shod in 120/8- tyres up front and 15-inch wheels at the back that get fatter 150/90 rubber at the back.
- Brakes: The braking duties are handled by a 280 mm disc fitted to the front wheel that is aided by a Brembo master cylinder, while the rear wheel gets a 240 mm disc. The bike also gets dual channel ABS as standard.
- Price of the new UM Renegade Thor will go up to ₹ 9.9 lakh for the top-spec model, while the starting price, as mentioned before ₹ 4.9 lakh.
- UM will also offer customers two years of free charging at its charging facility, which will be available at all UM dealership across India.