Suzuki Intruder 150, the upcoming motorcycle from the Japanese manufacturer is set to be launched in India November 7. We recently shared some leaked images of the bike that appears to have come from a brochure. The brochure images also reveal some of the technical specifications and a bunch of key features, which indicates that new Intruder 150 will be a premium offering from Suzuki, and will be priced closer to the Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220. While we will only be able to confirm all that when we get to ride the bike, later this week, but till then here's all that we already know about the new Suzuki Intruder 150.
- The Suzuki Intruder is the first low-capacity cruiser bike from the Japanese to be introduced in India and it will share some of its design and styling cues with the actual Intruder, the M1800R .
- This is also not Suzuki's first attempt at a low capacity cruiser either. The company already sells the Suzuki GZ150 in some of the South American markets and initially, we were expecting the same model to make its way here.
- The leaked brochure images of the new Suzuki Intruder also reveals the bike itself, which to be frank is quite a looker. The bike has that butch look of a power cruiser with a flowing design and bulging shoulders along with the Intruder badging, on the tank. The bike also gets a muscular tank with the Intruder signature badging on it.
- The new Intruder 150 will also come with a bunch of premium features like - large LED projector headlamp, LED taillamps, 17-inch black alloy wheels, and twin chrome exhaust. Additionally, the bike also appears to get a small visor over the instrument cluster along with beefy rear fenders and a bucket-style seat for the rider.
- In terms of dimensions, the bike will come with a total length of 2130 mm, a width of 805 mm and a total height of 1095 mm. The Intruder will also have a long wheelbase of 1405 mm and a ground clearance of 170 mm with a seat height of 740 mm. The bike comes with a curb weight of 148 kg and an 11-litre fuel tank.
- According to the brochure, the new Intruder 150 also gets disc brakes for both front and rear wheel, along with ABS (possibly a single channel setup). The bike comes with telescopic forks up front and a rear monoshock as well.
- The brochure also reveals that that Suzuki Intruder gets the same 154.9 cc air-cooled, single cylinder, 4-stroke engine that currently does duty on the Gixxer. In fact, the engine makes the same amount of power and torque at 14 bhp and 14 Nm, but here the peak torque kick in at 4000 rpm, whereas in the Gixxer it comes at around 6000 rpm. This means the Intruder will have better low- and mid-range torque. The engine continues to come mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
- Being a 155cc bike, the new Suzuki Intruder 150 technically competes with the likes of the Bajaj Avenger Street 150, but when you take all the features and equipment into account, the bike is likely to be priced in the Avenger Cruise 220's territory.
We expect the bike to be priced somewhere in the range of ₹ 90,000 to ₹ 95,000 (ex-showroom). But, will it be worth that money? Well, we can only tell you that once we get to ride the bike. So, watch the space for our first ride review.