Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or AIDS is one of the biggest challenges to public health as per the World Health Organisation (WHO). There are many organisations which are trying to raise awareness about this disease, globally. And pitching in is Piaggio, which will soon be launching a special edition of the Vespa, called the Vespa RED. Globally, Piaggio already sells a RED edition of the Vespa 946. The scooter will be launched in collaboration with 'RED', an organisation which is actively working to create awareness about the dreaded disease. While you thought, Piaggio is just launching a Vespa with a different colour, it goes much deeper than that. Here is everything that you would want to know about the Piaggio Vespa RED.
- The Vespa RED will be based on the 125 cc Vespa and the 150 cc Vespa models which are available in the VXL, SXL and the Elegante trim.
- The Vespa 125 cc scooter is powered by a 125 cc, air -cooled engine which makes 10 bhp and 10.6 Nm of peak torque.
- The Vespa 150 cc models get a slightly more powerful 150 cc motor which makes around 11 bhp and 11.5 Nm of peak torque. Vespa also sells the 946 RED edition of the Vespa internationally.
(The Vespa 946 Red is retailed in the US)
- A part of the money generated from sales of every Vespa RED unit will be used to fight AIDS in India and create awareness about the same.
- Vespa is the first automotive partner of RED. The partnership was first unveiled in June 2016 in Rome, Italy. Some other partners of RED have been Apple, Kiara etc.