Mercedes-Benz has already started 2018 with a bang. The company launched its first product of the year and it was none other than its flagship model - the S-Class. The company, in fact displayed the car at the 2018 Auto Expo and we told you that the launch of the car will be soon after that. The S-Class facelift comes with a host of changes which sees the car get new features as also powertrains. We have already driven the car and we know what it's all about. The S-Class gets a bunch of features from the new generation of the E-Class but some of the features are all new. In fact, the S-Class that we drove, was a Level 2 autonomous car and India too gets some of these radar based safety features.
Here's All You Need To Know About The S-Class Facelift
- The new S-Class 350 d is India's first 'BS VI compliant- Made in India, for India', vehicle with a state-of-the-art diesel engine that meets BS VI emission norms, two years ahead of the regulation. This engine is capable of running on currently available BS IV fuel as well.
- The company's flagship model is produced at the Chakan facility in Pune which is the only plant outside of Europe that produces the S-Class.
- On the exterior, the facelifted car differs from the pre-facelift with its new headlamps and tail lamps along with the new front and rear bumpers. The facelift S-Class also gets a new set of wheels as compared to the older car.
The cabin of the S-Class borrows a few features from the E-Class1.6 Crore * On Road Price (New Delhi)
- Inside, the cabin is a familiar one and gets two new 12.3-linch high definition screens that make up the infotainment and the central command unit. The S-Class also gets wood options for interior trim and leather options for the seats and the side panels.
- The new S-Class even gets new seats with a new fragrance function along with the obvious cooled, heated and massaging options.
- The S-Class facelift will be made available in both petrol and diesel powertrains. The OM 656 engine used in the S 350 d is the most powerful passenger car diesel engine designed by Mercedes-Benz India; the inline-six cylinder motor delivers an output of 282 bhp and develops 600 Nm of peak torque. 0-100 kmph is done in just 6 seconds.
The S-Class comes with optional safety technology
- There's the S 450 petrol as well and thanks to twin turbocharging and intercooling, puts out 362 bhp and offers 500 Nm of peak torque. 0-100 kmph is dealt with in just 5.1 seconds and it comes with a top speed of 250 kmph.
- The new S-Class comes with optional safety technology: a new radar-based driving assistance system which reduce the risk of accidents and enhance the protection of occupants as well as other road users, and of course, can take the strain off the driver within the respective system limits.
- The S-Class petrol costs ₹ 1.37 crore while the S-Class diesel is priced at ₹ 1.33 crore (all prices ex-showroom India)
- The S-Class facelift competes with the likes of the BMW 7 Series, Jaguar XJ and the Audi A8