Mahindra & Mahindra will be going all guns blazing with the launch of its all-new MPV - Marazzo. The new offering is scheduled to be launched on September 3, 2018, and will take on a host of models in the segment including the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. The Mahindra Marazzo has been teased time and again and the automaker has given us a fair look at the MPV and the model certainly looks exciting. Mahindra, however, hasn't disclosed as much as we'd like to know about the all-new offering. With the launch just a day away, let's recap the 10 things we know so far about the Mahindra Marazzo.
Also Read: Mahindra Marazzo MPV Interior Revealed
- The Mahindra Marazzo will be the largest passenger vehicle yet to come out of the automaker's stable.
- The Marazzo's visual characteristics have been inspired by the Shark. Mahindra says that most of the exterior elements that we'll see on the MPV have been designed after some of the of signature traits of the predator fish.
- While the MPV is yet to be fully unveiled, the teaser images reveal that the Marazzo will come with chrome-toothed grille, a shark-fin antenna, and large LED taillamps that resembles a shark's tail.
- The Marazzo will come with a 7- or 8-seater cabin layout equipped with stylish beige interior. The dashboard design is clean and clutter-free and looks a lot more premium.
- One of the key features that the cabin will get is the roof-mounted air-conditioning vent system that offers a more centralised air flow. Other features include a large touchscreen infotainment system on the centre console with the HVAC controls just below. The three-spoke steering wheel also houses a number of controls including audio, Bluetooth telephony and possibly cruise control too.
- Mahindra has already showcased the dual-pod instrument console with the large MID unit for all the vital information. The infotainment system appears to have been borrowed from the XUV500, and it's similarly expected to get the Mahindra telematics system, Android Auto and a host of other connectivity options.
- Powertrain wise, the Mahindra Marazzo will come with an all-new 1.5-litre diesel engine, although the technical specification and other details haven't been announced yet. The engine will come mated to a manual transmission.
- Mahindra also has a petrol version in the pipeline, but it will not be launched along with the diesel model. Right now, Mahindra is working on the petrol derivative and it's expected to be introduced later, based on the demand.
- Mahindra also plans to export the Mahindra Marazzo to a number of other global markets.
- Upon launch, the Mahindra Marazzo will rival the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Tata Hexa, so we expect the MPV to be priced in India around ₹ 10 lakh to ₹ 15 lakh.