Lexus, the Toyota-owned luxury car brand, is finally set to begin its India operations tomorrow with the launch of the Lexus RX 450h crossover and ES300h sedan. Both the models come with hybrid powertrains will find their space in India's luxury car segment and we have told you what to expect from the brand's arrival. The Lexus RX 450h will initially be the company flagship model in the country and was one of the first cars that Lexus imported in India for homologation. While we have already told you lot about the car in bits and pieces in our previous reports, here are 5 key things that you need to know about the new Lexus RX 450h.
- The Lexus RX 450h is one of the select models that have virtually defined the brand's image. The RX is the brand's most successful hybrid to date and is likely to set a benchmark for other luxury carmakers like Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz - who are also planning to premium hybrid SUVs in the Indian market, in the future of course.
- India will be getting the latest generation model of the Lexus RX 450h that comes with a design that clearly makes it stand out. The front features a prominent X-shaped front grille, chiselled flanks, sharp headlamps with LED daytime running lights, and smooth character lines on the bonnet. The sides reveal steeply raked windows with futuristic detailing, squared wheel arches, sporty alloys and a floating-roof-style design. The rear also features those sharp angular lines that are seen all over the car. The car gets stylish wraparound LED taillamps connected by a chrome strip and a roof-mounted spoiler with integrated brake lights.
Lexus will initially have four showroom across India
- In terms of dimensions, the Lexus RS 450h is 4890 mm long, 1900 mm wide and is 1720 mm tall. This tells us that the RX450h is about the same size as a medium-to-large SUV. This also means the five-seater cabin will offer plenty of room for an average-sized family and there is ample space in the trunk as well.
- The futuristic design of the Lexus RX 450h is carried over to the interiors as well. The intuitive cockpit layout comes with remote touch controller in the centre console with a larger stick-out display on the dashboard. The overall cabin is nicely designed with good usage of wood and leather-combinations. The front row gets sporty and comfortable seats, while the rear seat is perfect comfortable drive.
Lexus RX 450h's cabin is well-equipped with comfort and convenience features
- Under the hood, the Lexus RX 450h is powered by a 3.5-litre V6 VVT-i petrol engine that comes paired with an electric motor and belts out a combined output of 304bhp. When we tested the global spec model we managed 0-100 kmph in 7.8 seconds.
There will be four showrooms to begin with - one in Mumbai, one in Bengaluru and two more in Delhi. The preferred dealership partners for Lexus are the ones who currently have Toyota dealerships and yes, there are going to be separate dealerships as we've said earlier.