Lexus has been on a roll in India as it has already brought 4 products to the country and the fifth is all set to make its way here. Like most of cars from the car maker, this one will be a hybrid and it will be its flagship model here - the LS 500h. The new Lexus LS 500h made its first public debut at the 2017 Detroit Motor Show and just a year later it's all set to be launched in India on January 15, 2018. Lexus has set itself apart as a manufacturer in India and with the LS 500h it's yet again set to enter the market with a hybrid vehicle. There's a lot that this car has to offer and we take a look at some of the finer points.
Here's All You Need To Know About The Lexus LS 500h:
- The Lexus LS 500h saloon is in its fifth generation now and is based on the new TNGA platform making it more modern
- The LS 500h comes with the signature Lexus spindle grille which gives it an aggressive look, while the sleek headlamps and the creases on the side make it look every bit unique
- The LS 500h will be the fourth hybrid model from the company to go on sale in India and it will take the CBU route to India like the other cars in its portfolio.
- The luxury sedan gets a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine which works together with two electric motors to provide a combined output of 350 bhp.
- Just like in the rest of the cars, the Le.xus LS 500h gets an eCVT transmission which powers feeds the power either to a rear-wheel drive system or Lexus' new-age E Four electric all-wheel-drive system.
- It's likely that the all-wheel drive system will be made available on the Lexus LS 500h which is to be launched in India
- The LS 500h is a large car and is over 5200 mm long and the wheelbase stands at 3100 mm, which translates into a lot of space for all passengers
- To up the luxury quotient of the car Lexus will bring the LS 500h with the higher-spec rear seat package as standard. This will see adjustable seats with a 48-degree recline for the backrests.
- There's good news for front passengers too as the Lexus LS 500h will come with 28-way adjustable electric front seats with heating, cooling and massage functions.
- The LS 500h goes up against the likes of the S-Class, 7 Series, A8 L and the XJ L and in fact could get the upper hand here considering both Mercedes-Benz and Audi are planning to launch their updated flagship sedans in 2018