There is no denying that the Hyundai Creta (ix25) is one of the most anticipated vehicles of the year. It will enter the compact SUV segment, which is growing at a dizzying pace, and fields cars like the Renault Duster and Nissan Terrano. This is Hyundai's second all-new product this year, after the i20 Active crossover. As far as the Creta's launch is concerned, it is likely to be launched by August, 2015.
Also Read: Upcoming Affordable Compact SUVs in India
So if you are planning to buy the Hyundai Creta (ix25), here are 10 things you should know about it:
1. The Creta is based on the new i20 hatchback - the 2 cars not only share the platform, but also some components
2. The vehicle takes its design inspiration from Hyundai's Fluidic 2.0 design philosophy
3. Features like ABS, EBD, 4 airbags, LED daytime running lamps, etc. might be offered on the top-end trim
4. It will measure 4270mm in length, 1780mm in width, 1630mm in height, and will sport a wheelbase of 2590mm, which makes it as spacious as the Renault Duster and Nissan Terrano
5. The Creta will most likely be offered with all of Verna's 4 engines i.e. 1.4-litre petrol & diesel and 1.6-litre petrol & diesel.
6. Hyundai will offer both, manual and automatic, transmissions on the upcoming compact SUV
7. Under C-NCAP (China New Car Assessment Program), the Creta has received 5-star safety rating
8. With over 90 per cent content localisation, the Creta might be comparatively cheaper than its rivals Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano
9. The Creta is likely to offered with both, front-wheel and rear-wheel drive options
10. Since it is based on the evolved Fluidic design philosophy, the Creta looks like a smaller Santa Fe
Also Read: First Drive: Hyundai Creta
Image courtesy: Auto.163.com