The Honda CR-V has been one of the most loved SUVs in India and when the company brought the 5th generation of the CR-V to India at the Auto Expo 2018, the expectations of the customers soared. Honda has been itching to bring the CR-V back to India and considering that the segment the CR-V enters has seen a lot of competition recently with new-gen models of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and of course new cars like the Skoda Kodiaq and even the Volkswagen Tiguan. The new generation of the CR-V therefore has to up the ante and yes Honda will probably be able to pull it off. The company had already mentioned that it's bringing 3 cars to India this year and the CR-V is part of that plan.
Here's All You Need To Know About The New Honda CR-V
- The 5th generation Honda CR-V will be launched in India in the first quarter of 2019.
- The new generation Honda CR-V will be assembled in India and we hope the company can keep the prices down given the hike in taxation announced on components recently.
- It will be the first time that the CR-V will be made available in India with 3 rows of seating which means that it will be good enough for 6-7 passengers.
- The longer wheelbase is clearly visible from the side due to the extended rear overhangs.
- The Honda CR-V is sharper and angular in terms of design and looks pretty sleek. Up front, the CR-V gets a thick chrome bar for the grille which is a signature as far as Honda is concerned and it's flanked by LED headlights and complemented by the LED fog lamps.
- The CR-V's cabin is also more spacious offers more comfort. The interior quality has also been kicked a notch up and comes with premium quality material for upholstery, panels and in-car controls.
The Honda CR-V will be available with three rows for seating28.27 Lakh * On Road Price (New Delhi)
- The cabin comes with a TFT LCD instrument cluster and a centrally mounted 7-inch touchscreen display with a navigation system developed with Garmin. There's Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity as well making it more contemporary.
- The front seats offer 4-way power adjust option while there's dual-zone climate control, one-touch power moonroof and many more features that will be revealed ahead of the launch.
The CR-V will come with a CVT and various other connectivity options
- It is the first time that the CR-V will be made available with the diesel powertrain and it will be a 1.6-litre unit churning out close to 157bhp.
- There will also be a petrol unit which will be a 2.4-litre one good enough for 184 bhp.
- The new Honda CR-V will compete against the likes of the Skoda Kodiaq, Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner
- Expect prices of the CR-V to start from ₹ 26 lakh going all the way up to ₹ 30 lakh.