It's been few weeks since Bajaj V12, the premium 125cc commuter from Bajaj Auto went on sale in the market. While the bike is yet to reach several Indian cities, dealers in Mumbai and Pune have already started the deliveries of the new V12. Other cities are expected to get the bikes by the end of 2016. While we have already told you that the Bajaj V12 has been priced at ₹ 56,283 (ex-showroom Delhi) and it comes with a new 125cc engine, here's everything else you need to know about the new addition to the V range.
- The overwhelming market response to the V15 prompted Bajaj to introduce a 125cc version of the same bike, with similar looks and design and was launched in a span of eight months after the V15 went on sale in the country.
- Like the V15, the new Bajaj V12 is a commuter motorcycle and uses metal from the decommissioned aircraft carrier INS Vikrant in its construction. The metal from the INS Vikrant though is symbolic and is a small part of the V12's body.
- In terms of design, the new Bajaj V12 looks largely identical to its older sibling. That said, the motorcycle does sport a host of changes including different alloy wheels and a rear grab rail. The café racer style cowl that was first seen on the V15 has interestingly been used on the V12 as well.
- The Bajaj V12 misses out on the front disc brake over the V15 and rides on a slimmer rear tyre - 100/90, instead of the 120/90 seen on the older V15. The front rubber remains the same at 90/90.
The Bike Comes In 2 Colour Option For Now
- The new 125cc single-cylinder engine used in the Bajaj V12 is built on the same 150cc motor as the one on V15. In fact, it is a downsized version of the latter. The new long stroke engine churns out 10.7bhp and develops 11Nm of peak torque, while mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
- With the V15 having clocked over 1.60 lakh bookings and counting, the V12 is expected to be the volume spinner for Bajaj Auto, courtesy of the slightly more affordable price tag.
- The V12 will be sold alongside the Discover 125 in Bajaj Auto's line-up, but as the company says, will be targeted towards a different set of buyers.
- The V12 will be facing major competition from the likes of the Honda CB Shine, the current segment leader, along with the Hero Glamour and TVS Phoenix.
- The V12 is priced at ₹ 56,200 (ex-showroom Delhi) and is currently available in only two colour options - Wine Red and Ebony Black.
- Bajaj dealers we spoke to have said that the V12 can be booked for Rs 1000 and that there is no waiting period as such for the bike right now. Most Bajaj dealerships in Mumbai and Pune have received the bike, and it's expected to be available at Bajaj showrooms across the country within a short time.