The Bajaj Discover 110 was discontinued years ago but the model is all set to be re-introduced in the country later this week. The new commuter motorcycle was spotted recently and Bajaj too has confirmed its launch along with the updated Discover 125. The bike makes a comeback to an established entry-level motorcycle segment that is ruled by Hero MotoCorp, Honda and TVS with some lucrative offerings. Bajaj too already has an illustrious line-up of commuters in its range including the CT100B, Platina 100, Discover 125, V12 and V15, and new Discover 110 will be an interesting addition.
Here's all you need to know about the upcoming Bajaj Discover 110:
Also Read: 2018 Bajaj Discover 125: What To Expect
1. The Bajaj Discover has traditionally been a conventional commuter motorcycle and the new 110 cc variant continues with the same philosophy. The design has been carried over from the larger Discover 125 and is familiar in appearance. New bits though include 5-spoke alloy wheels finished in black and new red and silver body graphics. The lower section of the bike including the suspension and engine are finished in black as well, and add a sporty appeal to the bike.
2. The new Bajaj Discover 110 won't be feature loaded but you will find the essentials. The bike gets an analog-digital instrument panel, electric start and handlebar-end weights. The bike shares a host of cycle parts with the bigger Discover 125.
3. Powering the new Bajak Discover 110 will be a new 110 cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine. While the official specifications are yet to be revealed, the DTS-i motor is expected to churn out 9.5 bhp and 9.5 Nm of eak torque. It'll come paired with a 4-speed transmission.
4. The suspension setup on the new Discover 110 will include telescopic forks up front and dual shock absorbers at the rear with a piggyback reservoir. Braking performance, on the other hand, will come from 130 mm drum brakes at the front and rear. Unlike the Discover 125 that gets a front disc brake, the new 110 cc version misses out on the feature completely.
5. The new Bajaj Discover 110 will be facing competition from a host of established rivals in this segment. This includes the recently updated Hero Passion Pro, TVS Victor, Honda Dream Series and the likes.
6. Given the cycle parts and essential features list, Bajaj is expected to price the new Discover 110 competitively over rivals. Expect the new commuter to be priced between ₹ 50,000-53,000 (ex-showroom) which will ensure it undercuts the competition.
7. The Discover 110 and 125 will go on sale on January 10 in the country. In addition, Bajaj Auto will also be introducing its 2018 model range at the event with upgrades across its motorcycle line-up.