Audi introduced the A5 and the S5 to the Indian market last year and now it's all set to bring in the RS5 Coupe. If you thought the S5 was fun and powerful, well this one is a different beast altogether. Mind you, this is not the first time Audi has introduced the RS5 in India. It was back in 2011, that we first saw this absolutely nuts car make it to the market and well, things have gotten better with the new generation according to the company. We already gave you news about the first RS5 making it to Indian shores and now, it's all set to be launched on April 11, 2018. The RS 5 Coupe is fun to drive and with the new gen model, we expect it to get better. We will be driving the car soon and we'll know more about how it drives.
Here's All We Know About The Audi RS5 Coupe
- This is the second generation of the RS5 Coupe and it's built new ground up. It's been based on a new platform and has grown in size when compared to its predecessor. When equipped with the optional carbon-fibre roof, the RS5 Coupe is about 60 kg lighter compared to its predecessor.
- In terms of the way it looks, the new RS5 might not be as aggressive or muscular as the first generation but it certainly is a good looking coupe
- The new RS5 Coupe follows Audi Sport's aggressive new design language and features new bumpers, a more prominent single frame grille, quattro blisters, Matrix LED headlamps and added air intakes.
- With the RS5, you will get 19-inch wheels as standard or 20-inch wheels as optional equipment.
- This new RS5 as we mentioned earlier now has a smaller twin turbo V6 engine as compared to the thumping V8 that the previous generation was equipped with. The new engine, a 2.9-litre TFSI is good for 444 bhp of peak power and 600 Nm of peak torque. While the power output isn't a massive bump over the last generation, torque has gone up a massive 170 Nm
- The Audi RS5 goes from 0-100 kmph in just 3.9 seconds and on to a top speed of a limited 250 kmph. The RS5 can also be equipped with a more powerful 'RS Dynamic Package' that takes the top speed up to 280 kmph.
- Inside, the Audi RS5 gets sport seats, a flat-bottomed steering wheel, Alcantara trimmings, and even the virtual cockpit system which we've seen on the A5 and S5 and stainless steel pedals. You also get a sport exhaust system as optional equipment.
- When launched the RS5 will go up against the likes of the BMW M4
- Expect the RS5 to be priced above ₹ 1 crore.