Audi finally unveiled its flagship SUV - the Q8 yesterday and with it entered the Coupe-SUV segment. First showcased as a concept at the 2017 Detroit Motor Show, the company was hell bent on bringing the production model this year and now we have it. This is the first coupe-SUV from the Ingolstadt-based carmaker and will be the range-topping model in Audi's Q line-up, the mantle of which, until now, lay with the Q7. The Q8 has already been tested worldwide and finally, we're seeing the car make its global reveal. The production version of the Audi Q8 retains most of the visual cues that we saw in the concept model that was showcased earlier this year at the Geneva Motor Show and it sees a host of changes in terms of design and features too. So, while it retains the family look, there's a lot that's different about the Q8 SUV-Coupe and we tell you all about it.
Here's All You Need To Know About The Audi Q8
- The new Audi Q8 is built on the same aluminium-rich platform that underpins the likes of the Audi Q7, the Lamborghini Urus and the Bentley Bentayga.
- The Audi Q8 measures in at 4999 mm in length, 2011 mm in width and 1710 mm in height, which makes the Coupe-SUV wider, shorter and lower than the Q7.
- The Q8 gets a large single-frame grille with fat borders with both vertical horizontal slats with chrome accents. The grille is flanked by a pair of sleek LED headlamps with HD Matrix LED technology available as an option and 3D daytime running lamps.
- The front bumper comes with a beefy skid plate and large air intakes, while the sloping bonnet features prominent character lines adding a muscular look.
- The profile of the Q8 also paints a beautiful picture with the elegantly sloping roofline that seamlessly merges into the inclined D-pillar and rests against the quattro blisters above the wheel arches, which house up to 22-inch wheels.
- The rear section comes with roof-mounted spoiler and wide LED taillamps with a digital character, which are connected by a light strip creating the impression of one single unit. The rear bumper looks well-designed and features a mesh design element that houses the sensors, while below we have the rear skid plate and styling inserts finished in dark chrome.
- The Q8 also comes with a special cabin, courtesy of its long 2987 mm wheelbase with a five-seater layout and three-seat system in the rear with longitudinally adjusting upon request.
- The centre stage in the cabin is taken by 10.1-inch MMI touch response display on a piano black dashboard layout, similar to the A8 sedan. There is another 8.6-inch digital display below for the air-con system and other in-car controls, while the instruments are shown in the fully digital Audi virtual cockpit. Its high-resolution 12.3-inch display can be switched between two views via the multifunction steering wheel. The system also gets the Audi connect data transfer module with the LTE Advanced standard and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- The Q8 SUV-Coupe features a host of tech like adaptive cruise assist, efficiency assist, crossing assist, lane change warning, curb warning and 360-degree cameras. One highlight is the remote garage pilot, which will come in early 2019, allows the drive to guides the SUV into a garage and back out again autonomously, and all can be done by the myAudi app on their smartphone.
- The Q8 will get a 3.0-litre V6 TDI in the Q8 50 TDI variant delivering 286 bhp and 600 Nm of torque, which are channelled to all four wheels through an eight-speed tiptronic automatic transmission and Audi's Quattro AWD system. Later the Q8 will also get a less-powerful 3.0 TDI and a 3.0 TFSI petrol variant offering 340 bhp.
- We expect the Q8 to come to India by the end of 2019