Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited has launched the all-new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250, a full-faired 250 cc sport touring motorcycle. The new Suzuki Gixxer 250 gets all-new styling, with sharp bodywork, a new single-cylinder, four-valve, single overhead cam engine with Suzuki Oil Cooling System (SOCS) and LED lighting. The Gixxer SF 250 is Suzuki's return to the 250 cc segment, and the company has lots of hopes from the Indian two-wheeler market on this new 250 cc motorcycle. We'll be riding the new Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 at the Buddh International Circuit and bring a detailed first ride impression. In the meantime, here's a look at all you need to know about this new Suzuki Gixxer 250.
Also Read: Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 Launch Highlights
Details and Features of Suzuki Gixxer SF 250:
- The Suzuki Gixxer SG F 250 is powered by an all-new 249 cc, single-cylinder, oil-cooled, SOHC, fuel-injected engine which puts out 26 bhp at 9000 rpm and 22.6 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox and has Suzuki Oil Cooling System (SOCS) which is said to help cool the engine even after prolonged use at high revs. Suzuki claims an actual fuel efficiency figure of 38.5 kmpl. The engine though doesn't meet the Bharat Stage VI (BS 6) emission regulations which come into place from April 2020. Suzuki says the engine will be updated to meet the latest emission regulations.
- The Suzuki Oil Cooling System (SOCS) is said to have been introduced by Suzuki in high-performance engines which are free revving and lightweight at the same time, and provides optimum performance for a wide variety of needs, from city-riding in traffic, serious sport riding and even long distance touring. Suzuki says technologies derived from MotoGP such as weight reduction and friction reduction has been employed in the engine to give the Gixxer 250's engine smooth acceleration, low fuel-consumption and ease of maintenance, along with high durability.
- The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 gets brand new styling which is sleek, sharp and quite attractive. The newly designed LED headlamp, clip-on handlebars, split seat and LED taillamp give it a dose of premium styling which will be welcomed by customers looking for a stylish, and performance-oriented 250 cc sport touring motorcycle. The full-digital instrument panel gets a blue backlit screen which is easily readable and has read-outs for the rev counter, speed, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, clock and odometer.
- The chassis has been updated from the Suzuki Gixxer SF 155 and suspension is handled by telescopic front forks and a swingarm-type, monoshock rear suspension. Braking is handled by a 300 mm single disc along with a rear disc and standard dual-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS). The 17-inch alloy wheels have a premium brushed finished look and are shod with fat rubber, a 110 mm diameter on the front wheel and 150 mm section tyre on the rear wheel.
- The Gixxer SF 250 is available in only two matte colours - Metallic Matte Platinum Silver and Metallic Matte Black. Additional OEM accessories include wheel rim stickers, fuel tank protector, fuel tank pad, a DC socket, seat cover on the new split seat design and a smoked visor.
- The Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 is priced at ₹ 1,70,655 (ex-showroom Delhi), and sits between the the Honda CBR250R ( ₹ 1,94,932) and the Yamaha Fazer 25 ( ₹ 1,43,680). In terms of performance, at least on paper, the Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 makes near identical figures as the Honda CBR250R, but is more powerful than the Yamaha Fazer 25.
Also Read: 2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF: All You Need To Know