The Renault Kwid was the car that not only pioneered "SUVish" styling in the entry-level hatchback, but also got it right. It was a critically acclaimed design that persuaded quite some car buyers to put their money on it. However, it has been in the market for good four years and had started looking a bit dated by the day. Hence, the new Kwid Facelift arrives just at the right time to regain that interest and we have to admit that it has given the brand a good dose of freshness, at least in the looks department. Here's all you need to know about the 2019 Renault Kwid Facelift.
Also Read: 2019 Renault Kwid Facelift Launched In India
Also Read: Renault Kwid: New Vs Old
- The design changes in the new Kwid Facelift are centred on its face. The most prominent one of course is the split headlamp set up and the grille looks tad wider than before. It is flanked by the daytime running lights (DRLs) which are integrated in the turn indicator assembly. The bumper has grown taller than before and looks more muscular. The side and rear of the new Kwid remains identical to its predecessor while there are LED detailing in the tail lamps.
The Renault Kwid gets a bigger touchscreen and tweaked interiors.
- While the cabin of the new Kwid looks largely the same in terms of layout, the colour looks a shade darker than before. It gets crossway fabric upholstery with red outline while there are orange highlights on the climber range as before.
- There are certain elements to make it look a bit upmarket like the leather wrapped steering wheel, new design for the instrument cluster which looks fancy, piano black touches on the central console and it also gets Kwid lettering embedded on the passenger side of the dashboard.
- The boot space at 279 litres remains unchanged and it can be expandable up to 620 litres.
- The 7-inch unit on the pre-facelift Kwid has been replaced by a bigger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system which is equipped with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Video Playback and Voice Recognition.
- The new model has also seen addition of some new features like fast-charging USB port with a power output of 2.4A and a 12V outlet at the rear.
- Renault had recently given the pre-facelift Kwid a mild feature update which saw additions like a parking camera and sensors and needless to say, they have made their way in the new model as well.
The Renault Kwid Facelift continues with the same engine options as before.
- Mechanically, the new Kwid Facelift remains identical to its predecessor. It gets the 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine makes 67 bhp at 5500 rpm and a peak torque of 91 Nm at 4250 rpm. The 799 cc, three-cylinder engine makes 53 bhp at 5678 rpm and a peak torque of 72 Nm at 4368 rpm. Both engines are mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard while AMT is optional.
- However, the engines on the Kwid are yet not BS6 compliant but the company has said that the transition will happen closer to the Bs6 deadline, i.e. April 2020.
- The Renault Kwid gets all the essential safety equipment on board, at least almost all that are needed to meet the upcoming safety regulations. Anti-Lock Braking System with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (ABS with EBD), Driver airbag and Driver & Co Driver Seat belt reminder, speed alert are standard on the 2019 Kwid. Driver side airbag is standard as well on the Kwid while passenger side airbag is optional.