The Honda Jazz is all set to receive its first mid-cycle facelift in India and the car will go on sale in the country on July 19. The current-generation Jazz was launched in India in 2015 and this update was a much-needed one, especially considering the fact that the Hyundai i20 facelift has been in the market for almost six months now. Globally, Honda has already revealed the car and most of the design and styling bits are expected to be introduced for the India-spec model as well. Furthermore, courtesy of some recently leaked variant and features details, we already know a fair bit about Honda's premium hatchback and here they are as follows.
Also Read: 2018 Honda Jazz Facelift Launched in India
- The Honda Jazz facelift was first showcased last year at the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show. The car is set to come with a bunch of cosmetic updates, both outside and inside, along with some new and updated features.
- Honda has also revised the variant list for the 2018 Jazz facelift and the car will now be offered in only three primary variants - S, V, and VX. The S trim will only be available in diesel option, while the mid-spec variants - V and VX will be available in both petrol and diesel variants.Also Read: Honda Jazz Facelift Launch Date Revealed; Variants Leaked
- Visually, the Honda Jazz facelift comes with an updated face featuring the familiar 'Solid Wing Face' headlights and grille design, new sharper looking front bumper, more aggressive contours around the air vents with a red underline accent among others.
- Honda Jazz facelift S variant comes with new features like - front centre armrest, speed sensing auto door lock, and rear parking sensor.
- The CVT & diesel trims of the V variant gets keyless remote entry, push button start/stop function, smart trunk lock with a keyless release, and cruise control. Paddle shifters are offered only in the CVT model, while the chrome outer door handle is offered in the manual trim also.
- The top-spec VX variant comes with a whole bunch of features. There's a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system which comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and there's also the steering mounted controls. The Jazz will come with LED tail lamps too and that's a big move from the previous car. Safety is paramount and the Jazz facelift will come with dual front airbags and ABS with EBD as part of standard equipment.
- The Jazz facelift will carry forward the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engines. The 1.2-litre petrol punches out 89 bhp while the torque figure stands at 110 Nm. The 1.5-litre diesel offers 99 bhp and 200 Nm of torque.
- Transmission duties on the petrol car will be handled by a 5-speed manual and an optional CVT automatic transmission for both V and VX trims, while the diesel model only gets a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- The Jazz facelift will be made available in 5 colours - Radiant Red, Lunar Silver, Orchid White, Golden Brown and Modern Steel.
- The Honda Jazz facelift is expected to be priced in India on the range of ₹ 6.5 lakh to ₹ 9 lakh (ex-showroom). Bookings are likely to commence next week.