Bajaj Auto will be taking a shot at the high-volumes commuter motorcycle segment with the launch of two updated motorcycles on January 10, 2018. One is an updated Bajaj Discover 125 and the other is the new Bajaj Discover 110, which was discontinued several years ago. The 2018 Bajaj Discover will be an updated version of the current model and will feature some cosmetic changes, including new paint schemes and new graphics. Here's a look at what to expect from the 2018 Bajaj Discover 125.
- The 2018 Bajaj Discover is expected to have the same silhouette and design, but with subtle updates. The updated Discover 125 is expected with new colours, new graphics and a blacked out look, with a blacked-out engine and transmission case, as well as blacked-out chain cover and alloy wheels.
- The engine on the 2018 Bajaj Discover 125 is expected to be the same as the outgoing model. The 124 cc, single-cylinder, two-valve DTS-I engine makes 10.9 bhp of power and 10.8 Nm of peak torque with a five-speed gearbox. The bike has a top speed of 100 kmph and claimed fuel efficiency of 82.4 kmpl.
- The updated Bajaj Discover 125 will have the same cycle parts as the outgoing model, with telescopic front fork, twin Nitrox shocks at the rear and will come with an optional 200 mm front disc brake with a 130 mm drum at the rear wheel.
- The updated Discover 125 is expected to be offered in two variants - one with a front disc brake and the base drum brake variant. The disc brake variant is expected to be priced around ₹ 56,000 (ex-showroom) while the base drum brake variant is expected to be priced around ₹ 53,000 (ex-showroom).
- The 2018 Bajaj Discover 125 will compete with a range of 125 cc bikes, including segment leader Honda CB Shine, Hero Glamour and the Yamaha Saluto.
Image Courtesy: ThrustZone