Audi is gearing up for its 4th launch in the Indian market this one is the 2017 Audi A3. The car will be launched on the 6th of April 2017 but we already know a lot about the car. This might be the mid-life facelift but the updates are pretty comprehensive. Along with cosmetic updates, the new A3 will come with some mechanical changes as well and we found out about that when we drove the car recently. Considering its the most affordable car from the Audi stable in India and there's been quite a lot of interest that the company has got in this entry-level premium compact sedan and with sole competition in the form of the Mercedes-Benz CLA, the facelift promises give the A3 a much needed boost in terms of both design and features. So we've put down 10 things that you should know about the all-new A3.
Watch the Audi A3 Facelift Review
- The A3 is the most affordable car from Audi in India and has been a major help in boosting the company's sales numbers in the country.
- The design elements for the A3 facelift have been borrowed from the new Audi A4, which is why the car now looks a lot more aggressive and a lot sportier - especially in the red paint colour we have here.
(Audi A3 Facelift Interior)
- The 2017 Audi A3 comes with a fresher look thanks to the several small and big cosmetic additions like the larger hexagonal grille, new distinctive LED headlamps, and new 16-inch alloy wheels.
- At the rear, the 2017 Audi A3 comes with a new tail lamp cluster, which now features a refreshed LED lighting pattern. The A3 still gets the dual tip exhaust, though.
- The cabin remains largely similar to the outgoing model with some minor tweaks. The dashboard design is still the same with the screen that pops up from the centre and the jet turbine inspired AC vents to remain unchanged.
- Although on the features front, the Audi A3 facelift is equipped with some new offerings like a wireless phone charger in one of the cubby holes (for select phones), the signature stick-out infotainment display, along with navigation and a reverse camera.
(Audi A3 Facelift Rear)
- But, the Audi A3 facelift also misses out on a lot of necessary features like - on a start-stop button, Audi's signature virtual cockpit that is present in the international model we tested last year and the car doesn't even get Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
- The facelifted Audi A3 now comes with an all-new 1.4 litre TFSI petrol engine borrowed from the new A4 sedan and replaces the older 1.8 litre petrol engine. The motor makes 148 bhp and develops 250 Nm of torque, while mated to a 7-speed S-tronic automatic gearbox.
- The existing 2.0 litre TDI four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine has been retained that makes 139 bhp and develops 320 Nm of peak torque. The engine continues to come mated to a 6-speed DSG gearbox for the diesel engine.
(Audi A3 Facelift Profile)
- In India, the Audi A3 competes with the likes of Mercedes-Benz CLA. As for the prices, the car is expected to see a mild hike but will remain below the ₹ 30 lakh mark, for the base variant that is.