Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Brezza is Italian for 'fresh breeze'
- The sub-compact SUV was entirely designed, conceived, and developed in India
- Work on the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza started in mid-2011
- It will come powered by the 1.3-litre DDiS diesel unit
Honda New Accord
- The sedan will finally return to India, after being discontinued in 2-13, albeit with a hybrid engine this time
- It will house a 2-litre, 16-valve i-VTEC petrol engine mated to the electric motor. While the petrol unit churns out 141bhp, the system's combined output is rated at 196bhp along with 306Nm of torque.
- The new Honda Accord may be launched in India by April, 2016
- Based on Tata Aria's platform, it is the first Tata SUV to be made with inputs from Land Rover
- Tata Hexa will house a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder VARICOR 400 diesel engine under the hood, which will be paired to a 6-speed manual. A 6-speed automatic gearbox may be offered as an option
- It will also get a 'Drive mode selector' that offers 4 driving modes, namely, Dynamic, Comfort, Automatic and Rough-Road
- The upcoming Tata SUV will compete against Mahindra XUV500, Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, etc.
- The German carmaker's first sub-4 metre car in India, the made-in-India made-for-India Volkswagen Ameo was designed and developed in the country
- It features the highest percentage of localization compared to other Volkswagen cars sold in India
- The new Volkswagen Ameo is likely to borrow engines from the Polo hatchback - the 1.2-litre MPI petrol and the 1.5-litre TDI diesel
- VW claims Ameo will get best-in-class safety features and build-quality
- VW Ameo's list of competitors comprise Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Ford Figo Aspire, and Tata Zest
- The British luxury carmaker's first-ever SUV was first revealed to the world at the 2015 Frankfurt Show
- Jaguar F-Pace, which will take on the likes of the Audi Q5 and Porsche Macan, sports Jaguar family design cues and also lifts some cues from the F-Type
- The third Jaguar product to be built on the carmaker's new aluminium architecture, 80% of the Jaguar F-Pace's body structure is made of aluminium. 33% of all the aluminium used in the car is recycled aluminium.
- For engine options, it is expected to be offered with the F-Type's 3.0 V6 petrol and the 3.0-litre V6 diesel in India
- Based on the extended Brio platform, the Honda BR-V seems to take some design cues from the Mobilio MPV
- The 7-seater SUV will sport a wheelbase of 2,652 mm and will be offered in a three-row layout
- Honda BR-V will get the 1.5 litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5 litre i-DTEC diesel for engine options
- The compact SUV's list of rivals comprises the Hyundai Creta and the New Renault Duster
Hyundai New Tucson
- The new Hyundai Tucson premiered at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show
- It will be slotted between the Hyundai Santa Fe and the Hyundai Creta
- Now in its third generation, the Hyundai Tucson is based on the carmaker's evolved Fluidic Sculpture design language
- Hyundai Tucson will compete with cars like Honda CR-V, Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, and Chevrolet Trailblazer
- Tata's upcoming Nexon compact SUV sports a design seemingly inspired by the Land Rover Evoque
- The list of Tata Nexon's design elements comprises diamond DLO, the slingshot line, LED head-lamps, and pronounced wheel arches among others
- It will share engine options with the Tata Zica, a 1.2-litre Revotron petrol and a 1.5-litre Revotron diesel, in all likelihood
- Tata Nexon's competition includes Ford EcoSport, Mahindra TUV300, etc.
- Jaguar's rival to Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3 Series, Volvo S60, and Audi A4, is expected to arrive in India via the CKD (completely knock-down) route
- Winner of the 'Most Beautiful Car of 2014' at the Festival Automobile International held in Paris, Jaguar XE gets several next-gen features including lightweight 75 per cent aluminium chassis architecture
- Jaguar XE will be made available with a 4-cylinder, 2.0-litre petrol engine in 2 states of tune
- The all-new Jaguar XE will host a range of features like torque vectoring by braking, All Surface Progress Control (ASPC), Softgrain Windsor leather seats, panoramic sliding sunroof, interior mood lighting, navigation system, 380-watts Meridian sound system, and surround camera system.
- The Mercedes-Benz GLC, set to debut in India at the 2016 Auto Expo, will replace Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class SUV.
- It is based on the Mercedes-Benz C-Class' rear-wheel drive MRA architecture
- The Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV is will most probably be offered with a 2.0-litre petrol unit and a 2.1-litre diesel motor
- Choice for transmission is expected to be limited to the 9G-Tronic automatic gearbox