Yamaha to Launch D'elight Scooter in India?
Japanese two-wheeler maker, Yamaha that currently has a couple of scooters in its Indian line-up, might consider launching a new scooter D'elight in the Indian market. The scooters is currently on sale in several international markets including Europe. However, the company hasn't yet officially said anything on this.
Known for its low seat height and 98kg weight, the D'elight is very easy to ride in city. Powering the D'elight is a 114cc 4-stroke engine that is capable of churning out over 7bhp of power and 7.6Nm of peak torque. Yamaha Europe claims the scooter's 114cc engine to be as good in performance as a 125cc engine. So, if the company launches it here, it should be pitted against the likes of Suzuki Access, Piaggio Vespa, Honda Activa 125 and others in 125cc league.
The current scooter range of Yamaha includes Ray, Ray-Z and Alpha, with almost similar design. So, the D'light with a more universal scooter design, might attract more buyers.
Stay tuned to NDTV Auto for more updates on this.
Car Tools And Services
Yamaha in News
Yamaha Cygnus Alpha Disc Brake Variant Launched in India; Priced at Rs. 52,556Jun 14, 2016
Yamaha Motor India has introduced the new disc brake equipped variant of the Cygnus Alpha scooter in the Indian market priced at Rs. 52,556 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new variant will be available...
2017 Yamaha SCR950 Scrambler RevealedJun 10, 2016
Yamaha has unveiled the new 2017 SCR950 Scrambler motorcycle as part of its Sport Heritage range and is one of the more beautiful looking bikes to come from the manufacturer, given its heritage lines.
Yamaha India Raises Awareness Among Employees on World Environment DayJun 06, 2016
Yamaha Motors India, the local arm of the Japanese motorcycle giant, today announced the celebration of World Environment Day at its offices and plants across India.
Catalunya MotoGP 2016 Race Report: Valentino Rossi Wins the Podium Beating Marquez and PedrosaJun 06, 2016
It was the track of redemption for Valentino Rossi as the Yamaha rider claimed his victory at the Catalunya GP, beating Honda riders Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa, who finished second and third...
Electrical Failure Reason for Engine Problems for Yamaha Duo at MugelloJun 03, 2016
Yamaha has given an official explanation as to what went wrong with the engines at Mugello GP. The reason for the engine failure was believed to be an electrical fault related to the rev-limiter,...
- Maruti Suzuki Swift DLX Edition Launched; Price Starts at Rs. 4.54 lakh - NDTV CarAndBike
- Honda Navi is gaining popularity. Find all the details here.
- Over 125 people are looking to book Bajaj V15. Book yours today!
- Top 10 Upcoming Scooters in 2016 - NDTV CarAndBike
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India - NDTV CarAndBike
- Next Generation Hyundai Verna: Things You Need to Know Jul 23, 2016
- Emission Scandal: Volkswagen Suspends Vehicle Sales in South Korea Jul 23, 2016
- F1 Issues New Radio Communication Guidelines for Hungarian GP Post Rosberg Fiasco Jul 22, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India Jul 22, 2016
- Kawasaki Introduces Cosmetic Updates on Ninja 650 and ER-6n in India Jul 22, 2016
- Exclusive: Suzuki Plans Next-Gen Jimny; Likely To Be Made in India Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS: 10 Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- Haryana Bans 15-Year-Old Petrol and 10-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles Jul 22, 2016
- 2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to Gain Dramatic Upgrades Jul 22, 2016
- 2016 Rainforest Challenge India: Time to Get Muddy Jul 22, 2016
- Honda Accord Hybrid Imported to India for Testing; Launch in Festive Season Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- DSK Benelli Opens New Dealership in Jalandhar Jul 21, 2016
- BMW G 310 R to Come to India Only in 2017 Jul 21, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari Among Automakers Selling Cars With Faulty Airbags in the US Jul 21, 2016