Yamaha to Launch D'elight Scooter in India?
Japanese two-wheeler maker, Yamaha that currently has a couple of scooters in its Indian line-up, might consider launching a new scooter D'elight in the Indian market. The scooters is currently on sale in several international markets including Europe. However, the company hasn't yet officially said anything on this.
Known for its low seat height and 98kg weight, the D'elight is very easy to ride in city. Powering the D'elight is a 114cc 4-stroke engine that is capable of churning out over 7bhp of power and 7.6Nm of peak torque. Yamaha Europe claims the scooter's 114cc engine to be as good in performance as a 125cc engine. So, if the company launches it here, it should be pitted against the likes of Suzuki Access, Piaggio Vespa, Honda Activa 125 and others in 125cc league.
The current scooter range of Yamaha includes Ray, Ray-Z and Alpha, with almost similar design. So, the D'light with a more universal scooter design, might attract more buyers.
Stay tuned to NDTV Auto for more updates on this.
Car Tools And Services
- Tata Zica Hatchback Revealed in Spyshots Nov 29, 2015
- Car Driving Tips for Beginners Nov 29, 2015
- Report: Renault Kwid Receives 70,000 Bookings; Grabs 10 Per Cent Share in Segment Nov 28, 2015
- What to Do in Case of a Car Accident Nov 28, 2015
- 2016 Delhi Auto Expo: All-New BMW 7 Series to Launch in India Nov 28, 2015
- South Korea Fines Volkswagen Nov 28, 2015
- 2016 Delhi Auto Expo: Volkswagen Sub-Compact Sedan to Make Global Debut Next Year Nov 28, 2015
- What Does an Engine Air Filter Do? Nov 27, 2015
- All-New Honda Civic Caught Testing in Thailand; India Launch Soon Nov 27, 2015
- Maruti Suzuki Supplies 94 Units of the Ertiga to the Mumbai Police Nov 27, 2015
- Honda BR-V: All You Need to Know Nov 27, 2015
- 2016 Delhi Auto Expo: All-New Toyota Prius Set for Indian Debut Nov 27, 2015
- Tata Safari Storme Gets New Variant; Priced at 13.52 Lakh Nov 27, 2015
- Volkswagen Unveils Diesel Engine Emission Fixes for Europe Nov 27, 2015
- BMW India to Raise Car Prices From January Nov 26, 2015