Yamaha to Launch D'elight Scooter in India?
Japanese two-wheeler maker, Yamaha that currently has a couple of scooters in its Indian line-up, might consider launching a new scooter D'elight in the Indian market. The scooters is currently on sale in several international markets including Europe. However, the company hasn't yet officially said anything on this.
Known for its low seat height and 98kg weight, the D'elight is very easy to ride in city. Powering the D'elight is a 114cc 4-stroke engine that is capable of churning out over 7bhp of power and 7.6Nm of peak torque. Yamaha Europe claims the scooter's 114cc engine to be as good in performance as a 125cc engine. So, if the company launches it here, it should be pitted against the likes of Suzuki Access, Piaggio Vespa, Honda Activa 125 and others in 125cc league.
The current scooter range of Yamaha includes Ray, Ray-Z and Alpha, with almost similar design. So, the D'light with a more universal scooter design, might attract more buyers.
Stay tuned to NDTV Auto for more updates on this.
Car Tools And Services
- 7 Things to Do at India Bike Week 2016 Feb 13, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza: 9 Things You Need to Know Feb 13, 2016
- BMW i8 Is Now the Top-Selling Hybrid Sports Car in the World Feb 13, 2016
- 2016 Triumph Tiger Sport Officially Unveiled Feb 12, 2016
- Hyundai i20 Outsells Maruti Suzuki Baleno in January Feb 12, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Inaugurates 83rd Dealership in Pune; Will Open 10 New Outlets in 2016 Feb 12, 2016
- GM to Launch Chevrolet Essentia in India to Help Improve Market Share Feb 12, 2016
- Tata Nexon May Come With New 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Feb 12, 2016
- Renault Kwid Racer and Kwid Climber Concepts Revealed at Auto Expo 2016 Feb 12, 2016
- New BMW 7-Series Hybrid to Return 47 Km/l; Reveal at Geneva Motor Show Feb 12, 2016
- Exclusive: Toyota to Bring Lexus to India in 2016 Feb 12, 2016
- 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Concept Teased; Debut at Geneva Motor Show Feb 12, 2016
- Affordable Compact SUVs Coming to India In the Next 1 Year Feb 12, 2016
- Suzuki S-Cross Facelift To Be Showcased in March 2016 Feb 12, 2016
- Ford Announces Plans to Launch Four New SUVs by 2020 Feb 12, 2016