Tata Nano Launched in Bangladesh
India's automobile giant Tata Motors has launched its low budget Nano car in Bangladesh, two years after it announced plans to capture the market in the neighbouring country.
"We are confident that the combination of a perfect product with best-in-the-country service and parts back up will firmly establish the Nano's footprint in Bangladesh," chairman of Tata's sole distributor Tata Niloy Group, Matlub Ahmed, told the Nano's launching ceremony last night.
But the four seater 624 CC Tata Nano, known to be the world's cheapest cars, will cost Taka 800,000 (USD1 = Taka 80) in Bangladesh.
Ahmed urged the government to withdraw the 45 per cent supplementary duty on cars under 700 cc so that the Nanos could affordable to low income people at much lesser price.
Tata Motors introduced the 624cc Nano as a low-cost car in India in 2008 to attract the middle-class people.
The Nano was scheduled to be launched in Bangladesh three years ago but the pricing issue delayed it.
Car Tools And Services
- Honda Navi: Inspired or Irrelevant? Feb 06, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: 7 Things You Should Not Miss Out On Feb 06, 2016
- The IndiKarting KartPrix Sees Racers Fight For Top Spot Feb 06, 2016
- Bajaj CT100B Entry-Level Commuter Bike Launched; Priced at 30,990 Feb 06, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Top 10 Cars Feb 06, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: 79,000 Visitors On the First Day Feb 06, 2016
- Exclusive: Benelli TRK 502 to Be Priced Between 6-6.5 Lakh in India Feb 05, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Audi Displays 'Signature' prologue Concept Car Feb 05, 2016
- Tata KITE 5 Debuts at the Auto Expo; to Sit Below Zest in Line-Up Feb 05, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Top 10 Bikes Feb 05, 2016
- BMW X5 M Sport Launched; Priced at 75.90 Lakh Feb 05, 2016
- CNB Auto Expo Awards for Excellence 2016: Winners Feb 05, 2016
- Mahindra's First Concept Car at the Auto Expo, XUV Aero, Unveiled Feb 05, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Day 2 Highlights - Renault Duster Automatic Revealed, Maruti Baleno RS, Ignis and Mahindra XUV Aero Concepts Showcased and More Feb 05, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: New Toyota Prius Unveiled in India Feb 05, 2016