Tata Nano Launched in Bangladesh
India's automobile giant Tata Motors has launched its low budget Nano car in Bangladesh, two years after it announced plans to capture the market in the neighbouring country.
"We are confident that the combination of a perfect product with best-in-the-country service and parts back up will firmly establish the Nano's footprint in Bangladesh," chairman of Tata's sole distributor Tata Niloy Group, Matlub Ahmed, told the Nano's launching ceremony last night.
But the four seater 624 CC Tata Nano, known to be the world's cheapest cars, will cost Taka 800,000 (USD1 = Taka 80) in Bangladesh.
Ahmed urged the government to withdraw the 45 per cent supplementary duty on cars under 700 cc so that the Nanos could affordable to low income people at much lesser price.
Tata Motors introduced the 624cc Nano as a low-cost car in India in 2008 to attract the middle-class people.
The Nano was scheduled to be launched in Bangladesh three years ago but the pricing issue delayed it.
Car Tools And Services
- Honda Navi is gaining popularity. Find all the details here.
- Exclusive: Suzuki Plans Next-Gen Jimny; Likely To Be Made in India
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India
- Over 106 people are looking to book Bajaj V15. Book yours today!
- Top 10 Upcoming Scooters in 2016
- Next Generation Hyundai Verna: Things You Need to Know Jul 23, 2016
- Emission Scandal: Volkswagen Suspends Vehicle Sales in South Korea Jul 23, 2016
- F1 Issues New Radio Communication Guidelines for Hungarian GP Post Rosberg Fiasco Jul 22, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India Jul 22, 2016
- Kawasaki Introduces Cosmetic Updates on Ninja 650 and ER-6n in India Jul 22, 2016
- Exclusive: Suzuki Plans Next-Gen Jimny; Likely To Be Made in India Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS: 10 Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- Haryana Bans 15-Year-Old Petrol and 10-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles Jul 22, 2016
- 2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to Gain Dramatic Upgrades Jul 22, 2016
- 2016 Rainforest Challenge India: Time to Get Muddy Jul 22, 2016
- Honda Accord Hybrid Imported to India for Testing; Launch in Festive Season Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- DSK Benelli Opens New Dealership in Jalandhar Jul 21, 2016
- BMW G 310 R to Come to India Only in 2017 Jul 21, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari Among Automakers Selling Cars With Faulty Airbags in the US Jul 21, 2016