Tata Nano Launched in Bangladesh
India's automobile giant Tata Motors has launched its low budget Nano car in Bangladesh, two years after it announced plans to capture the market in the neighbouring country.
"We are confident that the combination of a perfect product with best-in-the-country service and parts back up will firmly establish the Nano's footprint in Bangladesh," chairman of Tata's sole distributor Tata Niloy Group, Matlub Ahmed, told the Nano's launching ceremony last night.
But the four seater 624 CC Tata Nano, known to be the world's cheapest cars, will cost Taka 800,000 (USD1 = Taka 80) in Bangladesh.
Ahmed urged the government to withdraw the 45 per cent supplementary duty on cars under 700 cc so that the Nanos could affordable to low income people at much lesser price.
Tata Motors introduced the 624cc Nano as a low-cost car in India in 2008 to attract the middle-class people.
The Nano was scheduled to be launched in Bangladesh three years ago but the pricing issue delayed it.
Car Tools And Services
- Toyota to Recall 1.43 Million Hybrid Cars Worldwide Over Faulty Airbags Jun 29, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe's Production Begins in Germany Jun 29, 2016
- 2017 Porsche Panamera Unveiled in Berlin Jun 29, 2016
- Volkswagen to Pay Each Vehicle Owner Up to $10,000 Under Emissions Settlement Deal Jun 28, 2016
- Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak Limited Edition 100th Anniversary Replica Kit Announced Jun 28, 2016
- Next-Gen Honda Accord Hybrid to Be Launched in India this Festive Season Jun 28, 2016
- Made-in-India Renault Kwid Goes on Sale in Mozambique Jun 28, 2016
- After Baleno, Maruti Suzuki to Now Increase Vitara Brezza's Production Jun 28, 2016
- Transformers 5: Michael Bay Introduces a New Character that Transforms into a Vespa Jun 28, 2016
- Inside Line F1 Podcast: Will The Real Lewis Hamilton Please Stand Up Jun 28, 2016
- Chinese Tech Giant Baidu Plans to Start Mass-Production of Driverless Cars in 5 Years Jun 28, 2016
- Mitsubishi Teases Ground Tourer Concept SUV; Will Debut at the 2016 Paris Motor Show Jun 28, 2016
- New Cars in the Pipeline From Tata Jun 28, 2016
- Indian Motorcycles Aims to Capture 15% Market Share With the Scout Sixty Jun 28, 2016
- 2017 Hyundai Elantra Spotted Testing in India Again Jun 28, 2016