Tata Nano Launched in Bangladesh
India's automobile giant Tata Motors has launched its low budget Nano car in Bangladesh, two years after it announced plans to capture the market in the neighbouring country.
"We are confident that the combination of a perfect product with best-in-the-country service and parts back up will firmly establish the Nano's footprint in Bangladesh," chairman of Tata's sole distributor Tata Niloy Group, Matlub Ahmed, told the Nano's launching ceremony last night.
But the four seater 624 CC Tata Nano, known to be the world's cheapest cars, will cost Taka 800,000 (USD1 = Taka 80) in Bangladesh.
Ahmed urged the government to withdraw the 45 per cent supplementary duty on cars under 700 cc so that the Nanos could affordable to low income people at much lesser price.
Tata Motors introduced the 624cc Nano as a low-cost car in India in 2008 to attract the middle-class people.
The Nano was scheduled to be launched in Bangladesh three years ago but the pricing issue delayed it.
Car Tools And Services
- Audi Gurugram Service Centre Now Open 27x7 Apr 29, 2016
- Honda's Kumamoto Plant to Start Operations by First Week of May Apr 29, 2016
- Datsun redi-GO's Price Range Announced; Pre-Bookings to Open Next Month Apr 29, 2016
- Minor Updates for the Land Rover Discovery Sport Apr 29, 2016
- Royal Enfield Opens New Store in Ireland Apr 29, 2016
- Londoners to Drive Autonomous Volvo Cars From 2017 Apr 29, 2016
- BMW Reveals the Long Wheelbase Version of the X1 Apr 29, 2016
- MV Agusta, Mercedes-AMG Partnership May End Apr 29, 2016
- Bentley Bentayga to Receive High-Performance Speed Model Apr 29, 2016
- Russian Billionaire Acquires 99% Stake in the Nurburgring Apr 28, 2016
- Top 10 Selling Two Wheelers in 2015-16 Apr 28, 2016
- TVS Ranks Highest in JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey Apr 28, 2016
- What Will The Honda BR-V be Priced At? Here's What You Think Apr 28, 2016
- Isuzu Motors Sets Up Its First Manufacturing Facility in India Apr 28, 2016
- Triumph Street Twin Clocks 100 Bookings in India Apr 28, 2016