Tata Nano Launched in Bangladesh
India's automobile giant Tata Motors has launched its low budget Nano car in Bangladesh, two years after it announced plans to capture the market in the neighbouring country.
"We are confident that the combination of a perfect product with best-in-the-country service and parts back up will firmly establish the Nano's footprint in Bangladesh," chairman of Tata's sole distributor Tata Niloy Group, Matlub Ahmed, told the Nano's launching ceremony last night.
But the four seater 624 CC Tata Nano, known to be the world's cheapest cars, will cost Taka 800,000 (USD1 = Taka 80) in Bangladesh.
Ahmed urged the government to withdraw the 45 per cent supplementary duty on cars under 700 cc so that the Nanos could affordable to low income people at much lesser price.
Tata Motors introduced the 624cc Nano as a low-cost car in India in 2008 to attract the middle-class people.
The Nano was scheduled to be launched in Bangladesh three years ago but the pricing issue delayed it.
Car Tools And Services
- Volkswagen Ameo Production Kicks Off at Pune Facility May 25, 2016
- Hyundai Launches Special Edition of the Grand i10 at 5.68 Lakh May 25, 2016
- Diesel Ban: Toyota May Not Launch New Models in India May 25, 2016
- Triumph Street Triple 765 Spotted Testing May 25, 2016
- Germany Threatens to Ban Vehicles From Fiat Chrysler Group May 25, 2016
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan With Refreshed Styling Spotted Testing May 25, 2016
- 2016 Honda Activa-i Launched With New Colours; Priced at 46,596 May 24, 2016
- Indian Motorcycles Launches the Scout Sixty at 11.99 Lakh May 24, 2016
- Chevrolet Beat Activ Spied On Test For the First Time May 24, 2016
- Eider Motors to Establish 80 Dealerships Across India; Will Retail Chinese Bikes May 24, 2016
- Kerala Follows in Delhi's Footsteps, Bans Diesel Vehicles Older Than 10 Years May 24, 2016
- Range Rover Sport Facelift Spotted Testing May 24, 2016
- Toyota Camry Hybrid Price in Delhi Reduced By Up to 2.30 Lakh May 24, 2016
- 10 Best-Selling Cars in April 2016; 7 Maruti Suzuki Cars Make it to the Top 10 List May 23, 2016
- Bajaj Pulsar CS400 Caught Testing Yet Again May 23, 2016