Skoda India Might Bring in an All New 7 Seater SUV
In a bid to expand its market share in the Indian market, the Czech Republic carmaker, Skoda is planning to launch a couple of new products and facelift models of many of its cars. In next one year, Skoda Auto India will launch the next-generation Fabia, facelifted Rapid and 2014 Yeti. While much has been already talked about the aforementioned cars, in this article we'll talk about a new global SUV that Skoda is currently working on, which will enter our shores as well.
The new SUV will be bigger and more expensive than the Skoda Yeti, which is already perceived as a 'too expensive' vehicle. It was the high pricing that compelled the company to phase out the Fabia and led to the failure of a really capable product like Yeti. So, the question here is, how will the company manage to position a bigger and more premium SUV, when it's struggling to sell even the Yeti. For that, the company will pick the route of higher localisation, which will bring the cost of most its models down. For instance, the Skoda Rapid currently has 60-65% local content, which will go up to 80 percent and bring the vehicle's price considerably lower. And if the company chooses the same path, we might also see compratively lesser expensive versions of the Fabia and the Yeti.
As mentioned above, a lesser expensive Yeti will leave a space for the bigger SUV that the company is planning to bring in. While the Yeti is called an 'A' category SUV by Skoda, the new seven-seater SUV will be an 'A Plus' in the company's language. The new SUV will be launched globally in 2016-17 including India. If rumours are to be believed, the new SUV will be built on Volkswagen's versatile MQB platform, and will have a length of 4.6 metres. Engine options to be made available with the car could be a 1.6-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel.
Car Tools And Services
Skoda in News
- Skoda Kodiaq SUV Caught Testing on Road for the First TimeJun 02, 2016
It has been less than a month since Skoda revealed the name of its all-new 7-seater -Kodiaq, and the first spy shots of the SUV have already surfaced on the internet.
- Comparison: Honda City vs Hyundai Verna vs Skoda Rapid vs Fiat LineaMay 06, 2014
We put together five cars which might be on your list to tell you how alike and different they are, eventually giving you a proper verdict about which could be your ideal choice. Today's...
- 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift Caught Testing Ahead of LaunchJun 23, 2016
Skoda Rapid facelift was recently caught testing in a video ahead of its launch later this year.
- Skoda Manufactures 100,000 Models of the Third-Gen Superb WorldwideMay 17, 2016
Skoda rolled out 100,000 units of the third generation Superb since March 2015.
- Third Generation Skoda Octavia Hits 1 Million Production MilestoneMar 30, 2016
Globally, the 3rd generation of the Skoda Octavia has reached 1 million units since the company started manufacturing it since 2013.
- 2016 World Ducati Week Dates Announced; Special 90th Anniversary Edition Ducati to be UnveiledJun 25, 2016
- Chevrolet is Expanding the Beat Family in IndiaJun 25, 2016
- Is This the Start of CNG Powered Two Wheelers?Jun 24, 2016
- Carmakers Kick-Off Nationwide Monsoon Service and Check-Up CampsJun 24, 2016
- Hyundai Creta Sales Set to Cross 80,000 Units in India SoonJun 24, 2016
- 2016 Suzuki Gixxer Cup Season 2: First Ride on The Cup BikeJun 24, 2016
- Renault Kwid 'Sports' Spotted at a Maharashtra DealershipJun 24, 2016
- Aston Martin Builds a One-Off Vantage GT12 RoadsterJun 24, 2016
- Business as Usual for Jaguar Land Rover After BrexitJun 24, 2016
- Jeep to Unveil New SUV at the Sao Paulo Motor ShowJun 24, 2016
- Rolls-Royce Dawn Launched in India; Prices Start at 6.25 CroreJun 24, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki to Manufacture Swift Dzire at Its New Gujarat PlantJun 24, 2016
- New Generation Volvo S90 Sedan Bookings to Commence in India From Next WeekJun 24, 2016
- Formula E to Organise Virtual Race Next Year; May Offer USD 1 Million PrizeJun 24, 2016
- Toyota Inaugurates New Engine Production Plant in BangaloreJun 23, 2016