Skoda India Might Bring in an All New 7 Seater SUV
In a bid to expand its market share in the Indian market, the Czech Republic carmaker, Skoda is planning to launch a couple of new products and facelift models of many of its cars. In next one year, Skoda Auto India will launch the next-generation Fabia, facelifted Rapid and 2014 Yeti. While much has been already talked about the aforementioned cars, in this article we'll talk about a new global SUV that Skoda is currently working on, which will enter our shores as well.
The new SUV will be bigger and more expensive than the Skoda Yeti, which is already perceived as a 'too expensive' vehicle. It was the high pricing that compelled the company to phase out the Fabia and led to the failure of a really capable product like Yeti. So, the question here is, how will the company manage to position a bigger and more premium SUV, when it's struggling to sell even the Yeti. For that, the company will pick the route of higher localisation, which will bring the cost of most its models down. For instance, the Skoda Rapid currently has 60-65% local content, which will go up to 80 percent and bring the vehicle's price considerably lower. And if the company chooses the same path, we might also see compratively lesser expensive versions of the Fabia and the Yeti.
As mentioned above, a lesser expensive Yeti will leave a space for the bigger SUV that the company is planning to bring in. While the Yeti is called an 'A' category SUV by Skoda, the new seven-seater SUV will be an 'A Plus' in the company's language. The new SUV will be launched globally in 2016-17 including India. If rumours are to be believed, the new SUV will be built on Volkswagen's versatile MQB platform, and will have a length of 4.6 metres. Engine options to be made available with the car could be a 1.6-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel.
Car Tools And Services
Skoda in News
Comparison: Honda City vs Hyundai Verna vs Skoda Rapid vs Fiat LineaMay 06, 2014
We put together five cars which might be on your list to tell you how alike and different they are, eventually giving you a proper verdict about which could be your ideal choice. Today's...
2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift Caught Testing Ahead of LaunchJun 23, 2016
Skoda Rapid facelift was recently caught testing in a video ahead of its launch later this year.
Skoda Manufactures 100,000 Models of the Third-Gen Superb WorldwideMay 17, 2016
Skoda rolled out 100,000 units of the third generation Superb since March 2015.
Third Generation Skoda Octavia Hits 1 Million Production MilestoneMar 30, 2016
Globally, the 3rd generation of the Skoda Octavia has reached 1 million units since the company started manufacturing it since 2013.
New-Gen Skoda Superb Launched in India; Prices Start at Rs. 22.68 LakhFeb 23, 2016
The new generation Skoda Superb was launched in India today at a starting price of Rs. 22.68 lakh, which goes up to Rs. 29.36 lakh for the top-end model (all prices are ex-showroom, Mumbai).
- Honda Navi is gaining popularity. Find all the details here.
- Maruti-suzuki Baleno is gaining popularity. Find all the details here.
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India - NDTV CarAndBike
- Over 54 people are looking to book Mahindra Kuv100. Book yours today!
- Top 10 Upcoming Scooters in 2016 - NDTV CarAndBike
- Next Generation Hyundai Verna: Things You Need to Know Jul 23, 2016
- Emission Scandal: Volkswagen Suspends Vehicle Sales in South Korea Jul 23, 2016
- F1 Issues New Radio Communication Guidelines for Hungarian GP Post Rosberg Fiasco Jul 22, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India Jul 22, 2016
- Kawasaki Introduces Cosmetic Updates on Ninja 650 and ER-6n in India Jul 22, 2016
- Exclusive: Suzuki Plans Next-Gen Jimny; Likely To Be Made in India Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS: 10 Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- Haryana Bans 15-Year-Old Petrol and 10-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles Jul 22, 2016
- 2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to Gain Dramatic Upgrades Jul 22, 2016
- 2016 Rainforest Challenge India: Time to Get Muddy Jul 22, 2016
- Honda Accord Hybrid Imported to India for Testing; Launch in Festive Season Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- DSK Benelli Opens New Dealership in Jalandhar Jul 21, 2016
- BMW G 310 R to Come to India Only in 2017 Jul 21, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari Among Automakers Selling Cars With Faulty Airbags in the US Jul 21, 2016