Skoda India Might Bring in an All New 7 Seater SUV
In a bid to expand its market share in the Indian market, the Czech Republic carmaker, Skoda is planning to launch a couple of new products and facelift models of many of its cars. In next one year, Skoda Auto India will launch the next-generation Fabia, facelifted Rapid and 2014 Yeti. While much has been already talked about the aforementioned cars, in this article we'll talk about a new global SUV that Skoda is currently working on, which will enter our shores as well.
The new SUV will be bigger and more expensive than the Skoda Yeti, which is already perceived as a 'too expensive' vehicle. It was the high pricing that compelled the company to phase out the Fabia and led to the failure of a really capable product like Yeti. So, the question here is, how will the company manage to position a bigger and more premium SUV, when it's struggling to sell even the Yeti. For that, the company will pick the route of higher localisation, which will bring the cost of most its models down. For instance, the Skoda Rapid currently has 60-65% local content, which will go up to 80 percent and bring the vehicle's price considerably lower. And if the company chooses the same path, we might also see compratively lesser expensive versions of the Fabia and the Yeti.
As mentioned above, a lesser expensive Yeti will leave a space for the bigger SUV that the company is planning to bring in. While the Yeti is called an 'A' category SUV by Skoda, the new seven-seater SUV will be an 'A Plus' in the company's language. The new SUV will be launched globally in 2016-17 including India. If rumours are to be believed, the new SUV will be built on Volkswagen's versatile MQB platform, and will have a length of 4.6 metres. Engine options to be made available with the car could be a 1.6-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel.
Car Tools And Services
Skoda in News
Third Generation Skoda Octavia Hits 1 Million Production MilestoneMar 30, 2016
Globally, the 3rd generation of the Skoda Octavia has reached 1 million units since the company started manufacturing it since 2013.
New-Gen Skoda Superb Launched in India; Prices Start at Rs. 22.68 LakhFeb 23, 2016
The new generation Skoda Superb was launched in India today at a starting price of Rs. 22.68 lakh, which goes up to Rs. 29.36 lakh for the top-end model (all prices are ex-showroom, Mumbai).
New Generation Skoda Superb to Be Launched in India TodayFeb 23, 2016
Czech carmaker, Skoda is all set to launch its most anticipated car, the new generation Superb tomorrow in India. Currently in its second generation, the new-gen Skoda Superb comes with new design...
- Audi Gurugram Service Centre Now Open 27x7 Apr 29, 2016
- Honda's Kumamoto Plant to Start Operations by First Week of May Apr 29, 2016
- Datsun redi-GO's Price Range Announced; Pre-Bookings to Open Next Month Apr 29, 2016
- Minor Updates for the Land Rover Discovery Sport Apr 29, 2016
- Royal Enfield Opens New Store in Ireland Apr 29, 2016
- Londoners to Drive Autonomous Volvo Cars From 2017 Apr 29, 2016
- BMW Reveals the Long Wheelbase Version of the X1 Apr 29, 2016
- MV Agusta, Mercedes-AMG Partnership May End Apr 29, 2016
- Bentley Bentayga to Receive High-Performance Speed Model Apr 29, 2016
- Russian Billionaire Acquires 99% Stake in the Nurburgring Apr 28, 2016
- Top 10 Selling Two Wheelers in 2015-16 Apr 28, 2016
- TVS Ranks Highest in JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey Apr 28, 2016
- What Will The Honda BR-V be Priced At? Here's What You Think Apr 28, 2016
- Isuzu Motors Sets Up Its First Manufacturing Facility in India Apr 28, 2016
- Triumph Street Twin Clocks 100 Bookings in India Apr 28, 2016