Skoda India Might Bring in an All New 7 Seater SUV
In a bid to expand its market share in the Indian market, the Czech Republic carmaker, Skoda is planning to launch a couple of new products and facelift models of many of its cars. In next one year, Skoda Auto India will launch the next-generation Fabia, facelifted Rapid and 2014 Yeti. While much has been already talked about the aforementioned cars, in this article we'll talk about a new global SUV that Skoda is currently working on, which will enter our shores as well.
The new SUV will be bigger and more expensive than the Skoda Yeti, which is already perceived as a 'too expensive' vehicle. It was the high pricing that compelled the company to phase out the Fabia and led to the failure of a really capable product like Yeti. So, the question here is, how will the company manage to position a bigger and more premium SUV, when it's struggling to sell even the Yeti. For that, the company will pick the route of higher localisation, which will bring the cost of most its models down. For instance, the Skoda Rapid currently has 60-65% local content, which will go up to 80 percent and bring the vehicle's price considerably lower. And if the company chooses the same path, we might also see compratively lesser expensive versions of the Fabia and the Yeti.
As mentioned above, a lesser expensive Yeti will leave a space for the bigger SUV that the company is planning to bring in. While the Yeti is called an 'A' category SUV by Skoda, the new seven-seater SUV will be an 'A Plus' in the company's language. The new SUV will be launched globally in 2016-17 including India. If rumours are to be believed, the new SUV will be built on Volkswagen's versatile MQB platform, and will have a length of 4.6 metres. Engine options to be made available with the car could be a 1.6-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel.
Car Tools And Services
Skoda in News
Audi, Skoda Identify Cars With 'Cheat' SoftwareSep 29, 2015
In what's being largely seen as a preemptive move, VW Group companies Audi and Skoda have now decided to check diesel engines on 3.3 million cars worldwide.
Skoda Octavia Gets A New Top-End Trim - Style Plus - in IndiaSep 14, 2015
In a bid to increase its market share in the premium car segment, Skoda India has introduced a new trim of the Octavia - the Style Plus. Available in both petrol and diesel versions, the Style...
- One Unit of Toyota Innova Produced Every 1.6 Minutes in Indonesia Nov 25, 2015
- Wheel Alignment and Tyre Balancing Nov 24, 2015
- Maruti Suzuki Swift and DZire Get Additional Safety Features Nov 24, 2015
- Hyundai Tucson to Make Indian Comeback? Nov 24, 2015
- Mercedes-AMG GT S Launched in India at 2.4 Crore Nov 24, 2015
- New Nissan X-Trail Set for Launch at 2016 Delhi Auto Expo Nov 24, 2015
- Made-in-India Hyundai Creta Receives 15,770 Orders Globally Nov 24, 2015
- Tata Kite Hatchback Officially Christened Zica; Launch in January, 2016 Nov 24, 2015
- Leather Car Seats: How to Maintain Them Nov 23, 2015
- Volvo To Roll Out Hybrid Buses in India Nov 23, 2015
- All-New Audi Q7 Launched in Malaysia; Will Arrive in India Soon Nov 23, 2015
- Tata Nexon Compact SUV to Be Launched by the End of 2016 Nov 23, 2015
- 2015 Auto Guangzhou: BMW Concept Compact Sedan Revealed Nov 23, 2015
- Renault Opens 190th Dealership in Telangana Nov 23, 2015
- New Toyota Innova Launched in Indonesia Nov 23, 2015