Skoda India Might Bring in an All New 7 Seater SUV
In a bid to expand its market share in the Indian market, the Czech Republic carmaker, Skoda is planning to launch a couple of new products and facelift models of many of its cars. In next one year, Skoda Auto India will launch the next-generation Fabia, facelifted Rapid and 2014 Yeti. While much has been already talked about the aforementioned cars, in this article we'll talk about a new global SUV that Skoda is currently working on, which will enter our shores as well.
The new SUV will be bigger and more expensive than the Skoda Yeti, which is already perceived as a 'too expensive' vehicle. It was the high pricing that compelled the company to phase out the Fabia and led to the failure of a really capable product like Yeti. So, the question here is, how will the company manage to position a bigger and more premium SUV, when it's struggling to sell even the Yeti. For that, the company will pick the route of higher localisation, which will bring the cost of most its models down. For instance, the Skoda Rapid currently has 60-65% local content, which will go up to 80 percent and bring the vehicle's price considerably lower. And if the company chooses the same path, we might also see compratively lesser expensive versions of the Fabia and the Yeti.
As mentioned above, a lesser expensive Yeti will leave a space for the bigger SUV that the company is planning to bring in. While the Yeti is called an 'A' category SUV by Skoda, the new seven-seater SUV will be an 'A Plus' in the company's language. The new SUV will be launched globally in 2016-17 including India. If rumours are to be believed, the new SUV will be built on Volkswagen's versatile MQB platform, and will have a length of 4.6 metres. Engine options to be made available with the car could be a 1.6-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel.
Car Tools And Services
Skoda in News
Skoda Celebrates 110-year AnniversaryOct 29, 2015
Skoda is marking 110 years of automobile production by going back to where it all began - the original Laurin & Klement Voiturette A. The European carmaker first unveiled the Voiturette on October...
Skoda Octavia Anniversary Edition Launched in India; Priced at Rs. 15.45 LakhOct 29, 2015
Skoda has launched an Anniversary Edition of the Octavia which has the same features as the Style Plus Trim and has priced it at Rs. 15.45 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Begins Dispatching Baleno Shipments to Japan Feb 08, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Honda 2 Wheelers Amazes Fans by Bringing Brand Ambassador, Akshay Kumar Feb 07, 2016
- Helmets Now Become Mandatory for Pillion Riders in Maharashtra Feb 07, 2016
- Honda Navi: Inspired or Irrelevant? Feb 07, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Over 1.12 Lakh Visitors at India Expo Mart on Day 2 Feb 07, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: 7 Things You Should Not Miss Out On Feb 06, 2016
- The IndiKarting KartPrix Sees Racers Fight For Top Spot Feb 06, 2016
- Bajaj CT100B Entry-Level Commuter Bike Launched; Priced at 30,990 Feb 06, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Top 10 Cars Feb 06, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: 79,000 Visitors On the First Day Feb 06, 2016
- Exclusive: Benelli TRK 502 to Be Priced Between 6-6.5 Lakh in India Feb 05, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Audi Displays 'Signature' prologue Concept Car Feb 05, 2016
- Tata KITE 5 Debuts at the Auto Expo; to Sit Below Zest in Line-Up Feb 05, 2016
- Auto Expo 2016: Top 10 Bikes Feb 05, 2016
- BMW X5 M Sport Launched; Priced at 75.90 Lakh Feb 05, 2016