Skoda India Might Bring in an All New 7 Seater SUV
In a bid to expand its market share in the Indian market, the Czech Republic carmaker, Skoda is planning to launch a couple of new products and facelift models of many of its cars. In next one year, Skoda Auto India will launch the next-generation Fabia, facelifted Rapid and 2014 Yeti. While much has been already talked about the aforementioned cars, in this article we'll talk about a new global SUV that Skoda is currently working on, which will enter our shores as well.
The new SUV will be bigger and more expensive than the Skoda Yeti, which is already perceived as a 'too expensive' vehicle. It was the high pricing that compelled the company to phase out the Fabia and led to the failure of a really capable product like Yeti. So, the question here is, how will the company manage to position a bigger and more premium SUV, when it's struggling to sell even the Yeti. For that, the company will pick the route of higher localisation, which will bring the cost of most its models down. For instance, the Skoda Rapid currently has 60-65% local content, which will go up to 80 percent and bring the vehicle's price considerably lower. And if the company chooses the same path, we might also see compratively lesser expensive versions of the Fabia and the Yeti.
As mentioned above, a lesser expensive Yeti will leave a space for the bigger SUV that the company is planning to bring in. While the Yeti is called an 'A' category SUV by Skoda, the new seven-seater SUV will be an 'A Plus' in the company's language. The new SUV will be launched globally in 2016-17 including India. If rumours are to be believed, the new SUV will be built on Volkswagen's versatile MQB platform, and will have a length of 4.6 metres. Engine options to be made available with the car could be a 1.6-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel.
Car Tools And Services
Skoda in News
Skoda Manufactures 100,000 Models of the Third-Gen Superb WorldwideMay 17, 2016
Skoda rolled out 100,000 units of the third generation Superb since March 2015.
Upcoming 7-Seater Skoda SUV Christened KodiaqMay 06, 2016
Skoda has officially announced that its upcoming 'large SUV' will be called Kodiaq.
Third Generation Skoda Octavia Hits 1 Million Production MilestoneMar 30, 2016
Globally, the 3rd generation of the Skoda Octavia has reached 1 million units since the company started manufacturing it since 2013.
New-Gen Skoda Superb Launched in India; Prices Start at Rs. 22.68 LakhFeb 23, 2016
The new generation Skoda Superb was launched in India today at a starting price of Rs. 22.68 lakh, which goes up to Rs. 29.36 lakh for the top-end model (all prices are ex-showroom, Mumbai).
New Generation Skoda Superb to Be Launched in India TodayFeb 23, 2016
Czech carmaker, Skoda is all set to launch its most anticipated car, the new generation Superb tomorrow in India. Currently in its second generation, the new-gen Skoda Superb comes with new design...
- Maruti Suzuki India's Biggest Recall Yet; 75,419 Baleno and 1,961 Swift DZire Affected
- Automatic Transmission Cars in India Under Rs. 15 Lakh
- Over 101 people are looking to book Bajaj V15. Book yours today!
- Honda Navi is gaining popularity. Find all the details here.
- Maruti-suzuki Baleno is gaining popularity. Find all the details here.
- Nissan India Opens 220th Dealership in Bihar; Plans to Have 300 Outlets By March 2017 May 27, 2016
- Automatic Transmission Cars in India Under 15 Lakh May 27, 2016
- 2017 Audi A5 Coupe Teased Ahead of Global Reveal May 27, 2016
- Mahindra to Buy Norton or BSA? May 27, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki India's Biggest Recall Yet; 75,419 Baleno and 1,961 Swift DZire Affected May 27, 2016
- Inside Line F1 Podcast: Le Mans Says No To Formula 1 May 27, 2016
- Triumph All Set to Launch Thruxton R in India May 27, 2016
- Armaan Ebrahim Selected for Lamborghini Young Drivers Program 2016 May 27, 2016
- Made-in-India Maruti Super Carry to Be Launched in South Africa in June May 26, 2016
- BMW Begins Local Manufacturing of the X1 May 26, 2016
- Renault India Ventures into Used Car Business With Renault Selection May 26, 2016
- BMW Showcases the 2002 Hommage Concept May 26, 2016
- Valentino Rossi Meets the Yamaha Motobot May 26, 2016
- New Car Launches in June 2016 May 26, 2016
- Creta, the Best-Selling UV in April 2016, Vitara Brezza in Second Place May 26, 2016