Honda's 1.5L i-DTEC Diesel Engine Now Powers 1 Lakh Cars
Honda Cars India today announced that it has sold over 1 lakh cars powered by its 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine - the company's first-ever diesel engine for India. This engine powers the diesel versions of the Amaze, City and Mobilio. Interestingly, the company claims that the diesel variants of these three cars have clocked over 90 crore Kms according to service data.
The 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine was first launched with Honda Amaze, the sub-compact sedan, in April, 2013, followed by its introduction in the new-gen Honda City in January, 2014 and finally, in the Mobilio in July, 2014.
What really helped the 1.5-litre i-DTEC garner much appreciation and popularity here is the fact that it is the most fuel efficient engine in the country today, which also delivers an impressive power figure. The certified fuel efficiency for Honda Amaze and Honda Mobilio is best in their segments at 25.8Km/l and 24.5Km/l, respectively.
Mr Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, "The 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine was Honda's first step into the diesel market and we have come out with exceptional results. The i-DTEC diesel engine revolutionized the diesel engine technology by offering outstanding fuel efficiency & amazing power delivery. It has been well accepted in the country and is attracting new customers to the Honda brand every day. The 100,000 sales of i-DTEC powered cars is a major milestone for us and we are really proud of this achievement."
Car Tools And Services
Honda in News
Honda and Daido Steel Develop World's First Hybrid Motor Free of Rare Earth MetalsJul 13, 2016
Honda has has recently co-developed world's first hybrid motor that is free of any heavy rare earth elements.
Honda CBR250RR Teaser Video Released Ahead of Launch This YearJul 12, 2016
Honda's Indonesian importer Astra Honda has released a teaser video of the CBR250RR, bringing the highly awaited motorcycle back into focus for enthusiasts globally.
Honda Two Wheelers Inaugurate 2nd Scooter Assembly Line at Its Gujarat PlantJun 30, 2016
Honda Two Wheelers has opened a new assembly line for the Activa 3G at its 'Scooter Only' plant in Vithalapur, near Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The new assembly line is capable of manufacturing 6 lakh...
2016 Honda One Make Race Kicks Off Round One at Kari Motor SpeedwayJun 27, 2016
While the temperature in Coimbatore last week remained pleasant, there was a lot of rubber burnt on the city's most famous Kari Motor Speedway race track and the weather Gods too spared us from...
Pooja Dabhi Wins Round One of Honda All Ladies RaceJun 26, 2016
Kick starting Honda's One Make Race series, Puja Dhabi of Pune romped took home the victory at the inaugural round of the Honda All Ladies Race, held at Kari Motor Speedway in Coimbatore.
- F1 2016: Lewis Hamilton Takes the Championship Lead With Hungarian GP Victory Jul 24, 2016
- License for Riding Gearless Scooters Could Soon Start from 16 Years of Age Jul 24, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz "Lures" Players to Dealerships With Pokemon GO Jul 24, 2016
- Next Generation Hyundai Verna: Things You Need to Know Jul 23, 2016
- Emission Scandal: Volkswagen Suspends Vehicle Sales in South Korea Jul 23, 2016
- F1 Issues New Radio Communication Guidelines for Hungarian GP Post Rosberg Fiasco Jul 22, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India Jul 22, 2016
- Kawasaki Introduces Cosmetic Updates on Ninja 650 and ER-6n in India Jul 22, 2016
- Exclusive: Suzuki Plans Next-Gen Jimny; Likely To Be Made in India Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS: 10 Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- Haryana Bans 15-Year-Old Petrol and 10-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles Jul 22, 2016
- 2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to Gain Dramatic Upgrades Jul 22, 2016
- 2016 Rainforest Challenge India: Time to Get Muddy Jul 22, 2016
- Honda Accord Hybrid Imported to India for Testing; Launch in Festive Season Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016