Honda's 1.5L i-DTEC Diesel Engine Now Powers 1 Lakh Cars
Honda Cars India today announced that it has sold over 1 lakh cars powered by its 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine - the company's first-ever diesel engine for India. This engine powers the diesel versions of the Amaze, City and Mobilio. Interestingly, the company claims that the diesel variants of these three cars have clocked over 90 crore Kms according to service data.
The 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine was first launched with Honda Amaze, the sub-compact sedan, in April, 2013, followed by its introduction in the new-gen Honda City in January, 2014 and finally, in the Mobilio in July, 2014.
What really helped the 1.5-litre i-DTEC garner much appreciation and popularity here is the fact that it is the most fuel efficient engine in the country today, which also delivers an impressive power figure. The certified fuel efficiency for Honda Amaze and Honda Mobilio is best in their segments at 25.8Km/l and 24.5Km/l, respectively.
Mr Jnaneswar Sen, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, "The 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine was Honda's first step into the diesel market and we have come out with exceptional results. The i-DTEC diesel engine revolutionized the diesel engine technology by offering outstanding fuel efficiency & amazing power delivery. It has been well accepted in the country and is attracting new customers to the Honda brand every day. The 100,000 sales of i-DTEC powered cars is a major milestone for us and we are really proud of this achievement."
Car Tools And Services
- 2016 Triumph Tiger Sport Officially Unveiled Feb 12, 2016
- Hyundai i20 Outsells Maruti Suzuki Baleno in January Feb 12, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Inaugurates 83rd Dealership in Pune; Will Open 10 New Outlets in 2016 Feb 12, 2016
- GM to Launch Chevrolet Essentia in India to Help Improve Market Share Feb 12, 2016
- Tata Nexon May Come With New 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Feb 12, 2016
- Renault Kwid Racer and Kwid Climber Concepts Revealed at Auto Expo 2016 Feb 12, 2016
- New BMW 7-Series Hybrid to Return 47 Km/l; Reveal at Geneva Motor Show Feb 12, 2016
- Exclusive: Toyota to Bring Lexus to India in 2016 Feb 12, 2016
- 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Concept Teased; Debut at Geneva Motor Show Feb 12, 2016
- Affordable Compact SUVs Coming to India In the Next 1 Year Feb 12, 2016
- Suzuki S-Cross Facelift To Be Showcased in March 2016 Feb 12, 2016
- Ford Announces Plans to Launch Four New SUVs by 2020 Feb 12, 2016
- Hyundai Sub-Compact SUV to Be Launched in India in 2018 Feb 12, 2016
- Toyota Etios Cross Dynamique Variant Set for Launch Feb 12, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300: Specification Comparison Feb 12, 2016