All New Toyota Corolla Altis Launched at 11.99 lakh
Toyota India's entry level D segment product - Corolla - was getting long in the tooth. Toyota knew this and has taken corrective measure - it has launched the new Corolla Altis. Finally! The new-gen Corolla made its debut at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in February. While the entry level petrol trim of the car starts at 11.99 lakh, the next variant - across both fuel types - is over 1.07 lakh rupees more expensive than the base petrol, making the price difference actually a bit wide.
With features like new radiator grille, LED headlamps and clearance lamps, 16 inch alloy wheels and rear chrome garnish , the new Corolla Altis looks sportier and more mature in design than its predecessor. The Interiors too have received some tweaks and the cabin now looks more appealing. The cabin gets first-in-class reclining rear seats, reverse camera with sensor, Navigation with 7.0 inch LCD touchscreen, 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control, New design optitron meter with illumination, Chrome inside door handle and few more. Moreover, the car has eight-way adjustable driver's seat, rain sensing wipers and a reading reading lamp.
The company says that the driving position has also been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree, while the vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45mm to 60mm.
Mechanically, the new Corolla Altis remains unchanged with a 1.8-litre dual VVT-I petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine, capable of churning out a maximum power output of 138bhp and 87bhp, respectively.
Petrol variants of the new-gen Corolla Altis costs between 11.99 lakh and 16.90 lakh, while the diesel variants come in the price range of 13.07 lakh to 16.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- New radiator grille
- LED headlamps and clearance lamps
- New design wide rear LED combination lamps add to the prestigious looks
- R 16 alloy wheels
- Rear chrome garnish
- The vehicle height has been lowered by 5 mm leading to better balance and aerodynamics.
- Cyber carbon piano black instrument panel cluster provides a rich feel
- 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control
- New design optitron meter with illumination
- Illumination (for entry, cupholder and near the foot)
- Chrome inside door handle
- Increased wheelbase (100 mm)
- Rain sensors
- Navigation (Provided with "New" 7.0 LCD Touch screen and voice command enabled Audio with USB, Bluetooth, Audio)
- Rear reclining seat, first in its segment
- Increased rear seat legroom
- Rear reading lamp
- Rear sunshade
- Rear power socket
- The driving position has been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree
- The vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45 mm to 60 mm
- Rear Camera with display audio screen
- Brake Assist with EBD and ABS
- Rear fog lamp on RH side
- Dual SRS airbags
- GOA Body
Car Tools And Services
Toyota in News
Will the Honda Civic Return to India?Nov 11, 2014
Everything seems to be going perfectly well in the entry level D segment, albeit the missing Honda, or the Honda Civic to be precise. The Honda Civic has been missing-in-action since August, 2012,...
Would These Be Future Toyota Small Cars For India?Oct 22, 2014
Toyota hasn't really been doing a great deal in the Indian market lately. The one-upon-a-time product, Qualis, set the ball rolling and the Innova has truly done well to keep the MPV numbers...
New Toyota Corolla Altis Launch on May 27May 26, 2014
After the Etios Cross, Japanese automajor Toyota is now all set to launch the new Corolla Altis tomorrow in India. This will be the 11th generation of the saloon, which was showcased at the 2014...
- Alloy Wheels vs Steels Wheels: Which Ones Should You Go For? Nov 25, 2015
- Hyundai Elite i20 Achieves Sales Record Nov 25, 2015
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno: What You Need to Know About Its Variants and Features Nov 25, 2015
- Mahindra XUV500 Automatic Launched in India; Prices Start at 15.36 Lakh Nov 25, 2015
- Tata Zica: All You Need to Know Nov 25, 2015
- Hyundai Creta SUV Production Capacity Increased Yet Again Nov 25, 2015
- Volkswagen Emission Scandal: Diesel Engine Fixes 'Manageable', Says CEO Nov 25, 2015
- Jaguar Land Rover to Miss 2016 Detroit Auto Show Nov 25, 2015
- One Unit of Toyota Innova Produced Every 1.6 Minutes in Indonesia Nov 25, 2015
- Wheel Alignment and Tyre Balancing Nov 24, 2015
- Maruti Suzuki Swift and DZire Get Additional Safety Features Nov 24, 2015
- Hyundai Tucson to Make Indian Comeback? Nov 24, 2015
- Mercedes-AMG GT S Launched in India at 2.4 Crore Nov 24, 2015
- New Nissan X-Trail Set for Launch at 2016 Delhi Auto Expo Nov 24, 2015
- Made-in-India Hyundai Creta Receives 15,770 Orders Globally Nov 24, 2015