All New Toyota Corolla Altis Launched at 11.99 lakh
Toyota India's entry level D segment product - Corolla - was getting long in the tooth. Toyota knew this and has taken corrective measure - it has launched the new Corolla Altis. Finally! The new-gen Corolla made its debut at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in February. While the entry level petrol trim of the car starts at 11.99 lakh, the next variant - across both fuel types - is over 1.07 lakh rupees more expensive than the base petrol, making the price difference actually a bit wide.
With features like new radiator grille, LED headlamps and clearance lamps, 16 inch alloy wheels and rear chrome garnish , the new Corolla Altis looks sportier and more mature in design than its predecessor. The Interiors too have received some tweaks and the cabin now looks more appealing. The cabin gets first-in-class reclining rear seats, reverse camera with sensor, Navigation with 7.0 inch LCD touchscreen, 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control, New design optitron meter with illumination, Chrome inside door handle and few more. Moreover, the car has eight-way adjustable driver's seat, rain sensing wipers and a reading reading lamp.
The company says that the driving position has also been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree, while the vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45mm to 60mm.
Mechanically, the new Corolla Altis remains unchanged with a 1.8-litre dual VVT-I petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine, capable of churning out a maximum power output of 138bhp and 87bhp, respectively.
Petrol variants of the new-gen Corolla Altis costs between 11.99 lakh and 16.90 lakh, while the diesel variants come in the price range of 13.07 lakh to 16.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- New radiator grille
- LED headlamps and clearance lamps
- New design wide rear LED combination lamps add to the prestigious looks
- R 16 alloy wheels
- Rear chrome garnish
- The vehicle height has been lowered by 5 mm leading to better balance and aerodynamics.
- Cyber carbon piano black instrument panel cluster provides a rich feel
- 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control
- New design optitron meter with illumination
- Illumination (for entry, cupholder and near the foot)
- Chrome inside door handle
- Increased wheelbase (100 mm)
- Rain sensors
- Navigation (Provided with "New" 7.0 LCD Touch screen and voice command enabled Audio with USB, Bluetooth, Audio)
- Rear reclining seat, first in its segment
- Increased rear seat legroom
- Rear reading lamp
- Rear sunshade
- Rear power socket
- The driving position has been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree
- The vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45 mm to 60 mm
- Rear Camera with display audio screen
- Brake Assist with EBD and ABS
- Rear fog lamp on RH side
- Dual SRS airbags
- GOA Body
Car Tools And Services
Toyota in News
Toyota Recalls 3.37 Million Cars Worldwide Over Faulty Airbags and Emission Control UnitJun 29, 2016
Toyota Motor Corp. has announced that it will be issuing a recall for 1.43 million hybrid cars worldwide to fix faulty airbag unit.
Toyota Inaugurates New Engine Production Plant in BangaloreJun 23, 2016
Toyota India has inaugurated a new engine production plant at Jigani Industrial Area, near Bangalore under its new joint venture Toyota Industries Engine India (TIEI).
Toyota Named Most Valuable Car Brand in the World By Millward Brown; BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Tesla in Top 10 ListJun 10, 2016
Toyota Motors has been named as the world's most valuable car brand by British market research giant - Millward Brown.
Toyota Loses 7 per cent Sales of Fortuner and Innova in Delhi-NCR Due to Diesel BanMay 31, 2016
Japanese auto major Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has suffered a seven per cent loss in sales of the premium Fortuner and Innova models in the Delhi-NCR region due to the unprecedented diesel ban...
Toyota Camry Hybrid Price in Delhi Reduced By Up to Rs. 2.30 LakhMay 24, 2016
Toyota Motor India has reportedly reduced the price of its popular hybrid sedan - Camry Hybrid in Delhi by Rs. 2.30 lakh, and now costs at Rs. 33.20 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Next Generation Hyundai Verna: Things You Need to Know Jul 23, 2016
- Emission Scandal: Volkswagen Suspends Vehicle Sales in South Korea Jul 23, 2016
- F1 Issues New Radio Communication Guidelines for Hungarian GP Post Rosberg Fiasco Jul 22, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India Jul 22, 2016
- Kawasaki Introduces Cosmetic Updates on Ninja 650 and ER-6n in India Jul 22, 2016
- Exclusive: Suzuki Plans Next-Gen Jimny; Likely To Be Made in India Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS: 10 Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- Haryana Bans 15-Year-Old Petrol and 10-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles Jul 22, 2016
- 2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to Gain Dramatic Upgrades Jul 22, 2016
- 2016 Rainforest Challenge India: Time to Get Muddy Jul 22, 2016
- Honda Accord Hybrid Imported to India for Testing; Launch in Festive Season Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- DSK Benelli Opens New Dealership in Jalandhar Jul 21, 2016
- BMW G 310 R to Come to India Only in 2017 Jul 21, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari Among Automakers Selling Cars With Faulty Airbags in the US Jul 21, 2016