All New Toyota Corolla Altis Launched at 11.99 lakh
Toyota India's entry level D segment product - Corolla - was getting long in the tooth. Toyota knew this and has taken corrective measure - it has launched the new Corolla Altis. Finally! The new-gen Corolla made its debut at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in February. While the entry level petrol trim of the car starts at 11.99 lakh, the next variant - across both fuel types - is over 1.07 lakh rupees more expensive than the base petrol, making the price difference actually a bit wide.
With features like new radiator grille, LED headlamps and clearance lamps, 16 inch alloy wheels and rear chrome garnish , the new Corolla Altis looks sportier and more mature in design than its predecessor. The Interiors too have received some tweaks and the cabin now looks more appealing. The cabin gets first-in-class reclining rear seats, reverse camera with sensor, Navigation with 7.0 inch LCD touchscreen, 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control, New design optitron meter with illumination, Chrome inside door handle and few more. Moreover, the car has eight-way adjustable driver's seat, rain sensing wipers and a reading reading lamp.
The company says that the driving position has also been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree, while the vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45mm to 60mm.
Mechanically, the new Corolla Altis remains unchanged with a 1.8-litre dual VVT-I petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine, capable of churning out a maximum power output of 138bhp and 87bhp, respectively.
Petrol variants of the new-gen Corolla Altis costs between 11.99 lakh and 16.90 lakh, while the diesel variants come in the price range of 13.07 lakh to 16.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- New radiator grille
- LED headlamps and clearance lamps
- New design wide rear LED combination lamps add to the prestigious looks
- R 16 alloy wheels
- Rear chrome garnish
- The vehicle height has been lowered by 5 mm leading to better balance and aerodynamics.
- Cyber carbon piano black instrument panel cluster provides a rich feel
- 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control
- New design optitron meter with illumination
- Illumination (for entry, cupholder and near the foot)
- Chrome inside door handle
- Increased wheelbase (100 mm)
- Rain sensors
- Navigation (Provided with "New" 7.0 LCD Touch screen and voice command enabled Audio with USB, Bluetooth, Audio)
- Rear reclining seat, first in its segment
- Increased rear seat legroom
- Rear reading lamp
- Rear sunshade
- Rear power socket
- The driving position has been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree
- The vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45 mm to 60 mm
- Rear Camera with display audio screen
- Brake Assist with EBD and ABS
- Rear fog lamp on RH side
- Dual SRS airbags
- GOA Body
Car Tools And Services
Toyota in News
Toyota Named Most Valuable Car Brand in the World By Millward Brown; BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Tesla in Top 10 ListJun 10, 2016
Toyota Motors has been named as the world's most valuable car brand by British market research giant - Millward Brown.
Toyota Loses 7 per cent Sales of Fortuner and Innova in Delhi-NCR Due to Diesel BanMay 31, 2016
Japanese auto major Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has suffered a seven per cent loss in sales of the premium Fortuner and Innova models in the Delhi-NCR region due to the unprecedented diesel ban...
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Among Top 10 Passenger Vehicles in MayJun 27, 2016
While Vitara Brezza took the last spot in the list in May, it was Maruti Suzuki's entry-level hatchback Alto that continues to top the charts
Toyota Camry Hybrid Price in Delhi Reduced By Up to Rs. 2.30 LakhMay 24, 2016
Toyota Motor India has reportedly reduced the price of its popular hybrid sedan - Camry Hybrid in Delhi by Rs. 2.30 lakh, and now costs at Rs. 33.20 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Comparison: Honda Mobilio vs Maruti Ertiga vs Toyota InnovaAug 14, 2015
There is no denying that Honda's first-ever MPV for India - the Mobilio was one of the most anticipated vehicles of the year; and now when it's finally here we compare it with its two arch rivals...
- India's Passenger Car Ownership to Grow 775 per Cent by 2040: Study
- Next Generation Maruti Suzuki Swift Looks Edgy and Powerful in New Images
- Over 120 people are looking to book Bajaj V15. Book yours today!
- Honda Navi is gaining popularity. Find all the details here.
- Top 10 Upcoming Scooters in 2016
- Diesel Car Ban in Delhi: Supreme Court May Lift Ban After Payment of Green Cess Jun 30, 2016
- Toyota C-HR Compact Crossover's Cabin Revealed Jun 30, 2016
- China Might Lift Restriction on Foreign Carmakers' Stakes in Joint Ventures Jun 30, 2016
- Next Generation Maruti Suzuki Swift Looks Edgy and Powerful in New Images Jun 29, 2016
- Top 10 Best Selling Two Wheelers in May 2016; Honda Activa Outshines Hero Splendor Jun 29, 2016
- Motoziel and Edelweiss Bike Travel Announce Joint Venture for Motorcycle Tours Jun 29, 2016
- Hyundai Creta Set to Cross 80,000-Unit Sales Mark in India Soon Jun 29, 2016
- Toyota Recalls 3.37 Million Cars Worldwide Over Faulty Airbags and Emission Control Unit Jun 29, 2016
- India's Passenger Car Ownership to Grow 775 per Cent by 2040: Study Jun 29, 2016
- 2017 Porsche 911 Range Launched in India; Prices Start at 1.42 Crore Jun 29, 2016
- Tata Hexa Spotted Testing; Will Come With Automatic Transmission Jun 29, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe's Production Begins in Germany Jun 29, 2016
- 2017 Porsche Panamera Unveiled in Berlin Jun 29, 2016
- Volkswagen to Pay Each Vehicle Owner Up to $10,000 Under Emissions Settlement Deal Jun 28, 2016
- Ducati Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak Limited Edition 100th Anniversary Replica Kit Announced Jun 28, 2016