All New Toyota Corolla Altis Launched at 11.99 lakh
Toyota India's entry level D segment product - Corolla - was getting long in the tooth. Toyota knew this and has taken corrective measure - it has launched the new Corolla Altis. Finally! The new-gen Corolla made its debut at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in February. While the entry level petrol trim of the car starts at 11.99 lakh, the next variant - across both fuel types - is over 1.07 lakh rupees more expensive than the base petrol, making the price difference actually a bit wide.
With features like new radiator grille, LED headlamps and clearance lamps, 16 inch alloy wheels and rear chrome garnish , the new Corolla Altis looks sportier and more mature in design than its predecessor. The Interiors too have received some tweaks and the cabin now looks more appealing. The cabin gets first-in-class reclining rear seats, reverse camera with sensor, Navigation with 7.0 inch LCD touchscreen, 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control, New design optitron meter with illumination, Chrome inside door handle and few more. Moreover, the car has eight-way adjustable driver's seat, rain sensing wipers and a reading reading lamp.
The company says that the driving position has also been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree, while the vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45mm to 60mm.
Mechanically, the new Corolla Altis remains unchanged with a 1.8-litre dual VVT-I petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine, capable of churning out a maximum power output of 138bhp and 87bhp, respectively.
Petrol variants of the new-gen Corolla Altis costs between 11.99 lakh and 16.90 lakh, while the diesel variants come in the price range of 13.07 lakh to 16.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- New radiator grille
- LED headlamps and clearance lamps
- New design wide rear LED combination lamps add to the prestigious looks
- R 16 alloy wheels
- Rear chrome garnish
- The vehicle height has been lowered by 5 mm leading to better balance and aerodynamics.
- Cyber carbon piano black instrument panel cluster provides a rich feel
- 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control
- New design optitron meter with illumination
- Illumination (for entry, cupholder and near the foot)
- Chrome inside door handle
- Increased wheelbase (100 mm)
- Rain sensors
- Navigation (Provided with "New" 7.0 LCD Touch screen and voice command enabled Audio with USB, Bluetooth, Audio)
- Rear reclining seat, first in its segment
- Increased rear seat legroom
- Rear reading lamp
- Rear sunshade
- Rear power socket
- The driving position has been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree
- The vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45 mm to 60 mm
- Rear Camera with display audio screen
- Brake Assist with EBD and ABS
- Rear fog lamp on RH side
- Dual SRS airbags
- GOA Body
Car Tools And Services
Toyota in News
Will Toyota Vios Sedan Come to India as Honda City's Rival?Jul 28, 2014
Toyota, the Japanese automajor, might discontinue the Etios brand by 2020 and focus on a bigger car like Vios instead that globally competes against the Honda City.
Toyota Partners With Segway Creator to Develop Robotic WheelchairMay 23, 2016
Japanese auto giant, Toyota has recently entered into a partnership with the inventor of Segway, Dean Kamen to develop better mobility solution for the disabled abled and elderly people.
Toyota Upcoming Cars in IndiaMay 17, 2016
Besides launching new-generation model of its highly popular cars - Innova and Fortuner - the company is planning to enter some new segments as well including the mid-sized sedan and compact SUV.
Toyota Innova vs Renault Lodgy vs Maruti Suzuki Ertiga vs Honda Mobilio: Specifications ComparisonAug 14, 2015
The hotly contested segment of the MPV has a new player and this time it's the French car manufacturer Renault. The Renault Lodgy will have an uphill task but we do a specifications comparison to...
Toyota Innova Crysta Clocks Nearly 15,000 Bookings Since LaunchMay 14, 2016
The recently launched Toyota Innova Crysta has reportedly reached 15,000 bookings since its official launch on May 2.
- Comparison Review: Honda BR-V vs Hyundai Creta
- Over 96 people are looking to book Bajaj V15. Book yours today!
- 2017 Nissan GT-R Nismo Makes its Official Debut
- Over 62 people are looking to book Tata Tiago. Book yours today!
- Maruti Suzuki India's Biggest Recall Yet; 75,419 Baleno and 1,961 Swift DZire Affected
- Japan Won't Allow Testing of Fully Autonomous Cars On Public Roads May 28, 2016
- Ford to Produce Foam and Plastic Components Made of Captured Carbon Dioxide May 28, 2016
- 2017 Nissan GT-R Nismo Makes its Official Debut May 28, 2016
- Nissan India Opens 220th Dealership in Bihar; Plans to Have 300 Outlets By March 2017 May 27, 2016
- Automatic Transmission Cars in India Under 15 Lakh May 27, 2016
- 2017 Audi A5 Coupe Teased Ahead of Global Reveal May 27, 2016
- Mahindra to Buy Norton or BSA? May 27, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki India's Biggest Recall Yet; 75,419 Baleno and 1,961 Swift DZire Affected May 27, 2016
- Inside Line F1 Podcast: Le Mans Says No To Formula 1 May 27, 2016
- Triumph All Set to Launch Thruxton R in India May 27, 2016
- Armaan Ebrahim Selected for Lamborghini Young Drivers Program 2016 May 27, 2016
- Made-in-India Maruti Super Carry to Be Launched in South Africa in June May 26, 2016
- BMW Begins Local Manufacturing of the X1 May 26, 2016
- Renault India Ventures into Used Car Business With Renault Selection May 26, 2016
- BMW Showcases the 2002 Hommage Concept May 26, 2016