Toyota India's entry level D segment product - Corolla - was getting long in the tooth. Toyota knew this and has taken corrective measure - it has launched the new Corolla Altis. Finally! The new-gen Corolla made its debut at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo in February. While the entry level petrol trim of the car starts at Rs 11.99 lakh, the next variant - across both fuel types - is over 1.07 lakh rupees more expensive than the base petrol, making the price difference actually a bit wide.
With features like new radiator grille, LED headlamps and clearance lamps, 16 inch alloy wheels and rear chrome garnish , the new Corolla Altis looks sportier and more mature in design than its predecessor. The Interiors too have received some tweaks and the cabin now looks more appealing. The cabin gets first-in-class reclining rear seats, reverse camera with sensor, Navigation with 7.0 inch LCD touchscreen, 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control, New design optitron meter with illumination, Chrome inside door handle and few more. Moreover, the car has eight-way adjustable driver's seat, rain sensing wipers and a reading reading lamp.
The company says that the driving position has also been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree, while the vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45mm to 60mm.
Mechanically, the new Corolla Altis remains unchanged with a 1.8-litre dual VVT-I petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine, capable of churning out a maximum power output of 138bhp and 87bhp, respectively.
Petrol variants of the new-gen Corolla Altis costs between Rs 11.99 lakh and 16.90 lakh, while the diesel variants come in the price range of Rs 13.07 lakh to Rs 16.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- New radiator grille
- LED headlamps and clearance lamps
- New design wide rear LED combination lamps add to the prestigious looks
- R 16 alloy wheels
- Rear chrome garnish
- The vehicle height has been lowered by 5 mm leading to better balance and aerodynamics.
- Cyber carbon piano black instrument panel cluster provides a rich feel
- 3 spoke leather steering wheel with bluetooth control
- New design optitron meter with illumination
- Illumination (for entry, cupholder and near the foot)
- Chrome inside door handle
- Increased wheelbase (100 mm)
- Rain sensors
- Navigation (Provided with "New" 7.0 LCD Touch screen and voice command enabled Audio with USB, Bluetooth, Audio)
- Rear reclining seat, first in its segment
- Increased rear seat legroom
- Rear reading lamp
- Rear sunshade
- Rear power socket
- The driving position has been enhanced by changing the steering wheel angle from 24 degree to 22 degree
- The vertical adjustment of the seat has been increased from 45 mm to 60 mm
- Rear Camera with display audio screen
- Brake Assist with EBD and ABS
- Rear fog lamp on RH side
- Dual SRS airbags
- GOA Body