Myanmar will make you fall in love. It is a land of extraordinary architecture, culture – a landscape strewn with gilded pagodas and beautiful temples. It’s definitely a must-visit place for all the travellers out there.
Great Overland Adventure during their Asian leg of the drive, explored the magnificent Myanmar which was the last country on #GLAadventure’s itinerary, before the made in India Mercs drive back home.
This country of 55 million is rapidly evolving and blossoming into a worthy stop for tourists from all over the world. From beautiful Yangon to spectacular temple town of Bagan to the most photographed site – U-Bein Bridge – Myanmar boasts a plethora of awe-inspiring sights.
Here are 10 picture of Myanmar, which are likely to inspire you for your next adventure!
1. The Golden wonder – Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon
2. The Karaweik royal barge on Kandawgyi Lake
3. Heaven on earth – Temple town of Bagan
4. Naypyidaw, a post-apocalypse suburbia!
5. Myanmar’s most photographed site – U-Bein Bridge
6. The mighty Maha Bodhi Tahtaung in Monywa
7. The good old Gurudwara in Monywa which was built by Indian Army
8. At the top of the world – Mandalay Hill
9. The monks of Myanmar
10. Cruise along the Irrawaddy River